Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootjutsu

Deregistered
Jun 7, 2009
Is there any photographer that you know in CS, like kinda cocky and proud?
I found out and seems to feel that there are some photographers, who got awards and sorts, the way they comment towards other people, be it in terms of commenting their photos or comments in thread, they tend to be more mean, and somehow indirectly "shooting" others?
It is kinda pathetic to see some photogs that win some things and became proud you see.
:/

Share your opinions? :) Thanks

I found out and seems to feel that there are some photographers, who got awards and sorts, the way they comment towards other people, be it in terms of commenting their photos or comments in thread, they tend to be more mean, and somehow indirectly "shooting" others?
It is kinda pathetic to see some photogs that win some things and became proud you see.

i think you should just learn how to take critics and move on , shoot better pictures .

i think you should just learn how to take critics and move on , shoot better pictures .

oh nono, not that I mean they commented me and I can't take the critics.
It is the way they say things and stuffs, hmm, can't describe for now but their attitude just let people feel that they are cocky. Just like that. :x

Everybody is different. Some are bound to rub each off the wrong way. It need not take an award to be cocky, some people can be cocky simply because they own expensive equipment. If their cocky, then so be it, the funniest clowns are those that do not even know they are clowns.

Everybody is different. Some are bound to rub each off the wrong way. It need not take an award to be cocky, some people can be cocky simply because they own expensive equipment. If their cocky, then so be it, the funniest clowns are those that do not even know they are clowns.

:bsmilie: I like that line!

Let say you post some photos which you think is very good but they are not, would you prefer to let people ....

tell you straight on your face that your photos are suck, and there are some ways to improve it.

or

just give you sugar coated poison, like "nice shots", "very good", "keep shooting", "I like it", "chio bu", "sweet model", "good processing" etc... ??

nevertheless, everybody should thank others for spending time look at their photos and post comments about it.

hmmhmm, I see I agree with you too. Aha. Thanks for spending time to give advices. :)

Let say you post some photos which you think is very good but they are not, would you prefer to let people ....

tell you straight on your face that your photos are suck, and there are some ways to improve it.

or

just give you sugar coated poison, like "nice shots", "very good", "keep shooting", "I like it", "chio bu", "sweet model", "good processing" etc... ??

nevertheless, everybody should thank others for spending time look at their photos and post comments about it.

As a newbie, I wish to have kind-hearted people to give comments on my photos, regardless -ve or +ve, yeah. Thanks for sharing too. :)

yea i'm one such clown. i have nothing yet i'm super cocky.

phear me!

your printer already pawn everyone else la, clown

:bsmilie:

maybe you should name the people that you think are cocky and proud. :bsmilie:

anyways, i don't see why you should separate people who have won anything versus people who have not. to me, it does show that you have an inferiority complex, pardon the psychoanalysis, but if you did not feel that the award meant anything, you won't have bothered to find out.

some of the best photographers today have never received any awards.

whether a person is cocky and proud or not, has nothing to do with his or her winning any awards. if they are cocky and proud, they are cocky and proud, receiving an award does not change basic human nature. although possibly it gives people more reason to feel that way, even though it may not necessarily be the case.

Last edited:

the part in red is very important.

actually, telling people why a photograph is good is also important, but it is hardly ever done here. talk about double standards.. :bsmilie:

i rahter kena critic to the worst possible kind.

at least the hurt i feel will leave an impact to maake me improve :)

but thats just me..

everything and anything gets into public will have a higher chance to get judgement, opinions, comments, good or bad. it's like being a celebrity. if u can't take general comments, harsh and cruel, then don't post, don't share your shots on the forum, and online.

harsh words they may be but everyone has their fair share to give their own judgement and comments as if they are viewing an art show in a gallery.

always seek criticism because there is no such thing as a perfect shoot and pray you will be better next time. work harder.

and the more harsh and cocky comments will only makes the person work harder and think, what the **** am i shooting and doing? urgh i ought to work harder.

if u can't take it then drop the whole idea because u will not be improving and growing to be good and better. that's the basic for being in the creative industry.

to make it simple and one liner : "because no one owe you a living"

if you dont understand, it means you are still young.

well u got a cocky avatar...

and lucky me, my parents actually gave me 1 when i was born... my evil twin... :bsmilie:

i'm entitled to be cocky hence forth... :devil:

it's actually a Family Guy joke... the don't get penisy bit.

heh.

I suppose no one got it then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.