Photographers protest in NY Subway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: neh.. this WILL NEVER happen in singapore, we aren't that artistically inclined yet to stage a protest for art's sake..... besides, being the typical singaporeans, onlookers will just probably munch on their 80cts O' changkee puffs and watch with interest aka KPO.

Unless we want to try the group tryst thing where you do a silly thing at an appointed time all together (forgot the name of the act liao)

Matah will most probably go after the ringleader (aka - Tua Kwee Thow) some more... must have permit to do such things in S'pore, right?

SniperD said:
yupz... you even have to apply a permit for a protest (ironic if it's granted).... one of the greatest ironies in politics

call it a PUBLIC GATHERING instead of a PROTEST...

zaren said:
call it a PUBLIC GATHERING instead of a PROTEST...

Then they will just get you for having an illegal public gathering. :devil:

It's good to know that there are still those who are looking to protect their civil liberties in this climate of fear. Fear of terrorists attack does not justify the authorities to have whatever way they want with civil liberties, and in this case I really fail to see how sensitive a few shots of the train approaching the station can be. If a terrorist wanted to get train timings and such, they can still jolly well station themselves at the station and take notes, no need to take pictures.

Security concerns are all fine and dandy, but we should really question those more illogical ones.

justarius said:
Then they will just get you for having an illegal public gathering. :devil:

It's good to know that there are still those who are looking to protect their civil liberties in this climate of fear. Fear of terrorists attack does not justify the authorities to have whatever way they want with civil liberties, and in this case I really fail to see how sensitive a few shots of the train approaching the station can be. If a terrorist wanted to get train timings and such, they can still jolly well station themselves at the station and take notes, no need to take pictures.

Security concerns are all fine and dandy, but we should really question those more illogical ones.

they are concerned that you photograph the station layout in detail, including the positions of the CCTV and other security surveillance measures.

SniperD said:
...munch on their 80cts O' changkee puffs and watch with interest aka KPO.

Urm Ron, that was 2 years ago price... :sweat: last year was 90c and this year is $1. :cry:

espn said:
Urm Ron, that was 2 years ago price... :sweat: last year was 90c and this year is $1. :cry:

try selera puffs.... only 70c.

zaren said:
they are concerned that you photograph the station layout in detail, including the positions of the CCTV and other security surveillance measures.

yah I know, but my point is that the potential terrorists can get all the information they need even without taking pictures. MRT stations are public places, and as such, truly determined people who are up to no good can get what they need to know simply by being in the station for long enough. In fact they can just get the floorplan from within the station itself and ink in the relevant details of CCTV cameras etc.

OT: talk about OT from photographers in protest to OCK curry puff skin too thick lol

I was back in the office on Sunday to photograph a friend's pre-wedding makeup. I brought her ourside the office to shoot with the plain walls. Of course the security guard stopped me, even after I gave him our name cards and showed him our office and the pictures we took. He refused to allow us to shoot outside our office!!

ignorance is really filtering down....

Caspere said:
I was back in the office on Sunday to photograph a friend's pre-wedding makeup. I brought her ourside the office to shoot with the plain walls. Of course the security guard stopped me, even after I gave him our name cards and showed him our office and the pictures we took. He refused to allow us to shoot outside our office!!

ignorance is really filtering down....

This isn't ignorance but pure paranoia. :(

so sad..
People are willing to give up freedom for false sense of security.
Why don't the terrorists use computers and internet too?
Then i hope S'pore will ban the use of computers... That'll be great too. don't you think so too?

Example:
put security guards in MRT station, people will think it's safe.
U think the commuters be more alert to be on the lookout for suspicious items?

As long as they implement something to make everyone THINK that it's safer, then they will THINK that it's safer.

Psychologically, it's fulfilled.
Mentally, it's fulfilled.
aReality, it's still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.