Photographer's Occupational Hazard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Recently, it seems like nude photography is finally coming out of the closet in Singapore. I had a chance to talk to a fellow photog who has shot one too many nude female forms and he says that after a while, he just doesn't get turned on anymore.... (Ok, bear in mind that not all female forms are perfect when nude)

So... how many feels this way? Does shooting a pretty face makes you quite immune to beauty and you shoot a beautiful shot but feels no major attraction?

Does shooting nudes too often makes you not so interested in the opposite sex anymore??
;)

Ok post your responses.... Hahaha!

Personally, I dont think its that extreme....;p

Zplus said:
Recently, it seems like nude photography is finally coming out of the closet in Singapore. I had a chance to talk to a fellow photog who has shot one too many nude female forms and he says that after a while, he just doesn't get turned on anymore.... (Ok, bear in mind that not all female forms are perfect when nude)

So... how many feels this way? Does shooting a pretty face makes you quite immune to beauty and you shoot a beautiful shot but feels no major attraction?

Does shooting nudes too often makes you not so interested in the opposite sex anymore??
;)

Too much of anything is never too good.

There are 2 issues here. One, shooting nude and two, interest in the opposite sex.

How can shooting too many nudes of the opposite sex makes one loose intersts (And I will assume this interst has to do with sex) in the opposite sex? What it will do, maybe, is make you loose interst in shooting nude.

Lost of interest in the opposite sex is probably caused by other things.

Deadpoet said:
Too much of anything is never too good.

There are 2 issues here. One, shooting nude and two, interest in the opposite sex.

How can shooting too many nudes of the opposite sex makes one loose intersts (And I will assume this interst has to do with sex) in the opposite sex? What it will do, maybe, is make you loose interst in shooting nude.

Lost of interest in the opposite sex is probably caused by other things.

Yes, that's what I thought so too.... but this bloke seems quite serious when he said that. He has had enough of nudes and is not shooting them now.... but the disinterest in the opposite sex still remains - even when they are clothed....:bigeyes:

I like babies and kids and love to take photos of them. And I have no interest in having my own babies. Dunno if related?

Zplus said:
Yes, that's what I thought so too.... but this bloke seems quite serious when he said that. He has had enough of nudes and is not shooting them now.... but the disinterest in the opposite sex still remains - even when they are clothed....:bigeyes:
if there is a correlation between shooting too much nudes and loosing interest in the opposite sex, I am giving up photography.

As we get older, our preferences, likes, dislikes and interests in the opposite sex changes one way or another. So, tell your friend, just be happy about it. Go do something else. The one thing he may want to do is a health checkup, all too often, loosing interest is sex or the opposite sex has something to do with the state of one's health.

I am not sure if you're talking about thinking of sex DURING the shooting. Well, based on my personal experience in shooting semi-nude, I was more like thinking of getting a good picture. Sole purpose is to get the picture.

well, just to share my personal experience...

After shooting so many beautiful women, I guess my standard of "beauty" has gone up alot. No longer can I compromise myself to look at ordinary gals... :cool:

But thats abt it. I'm still a perfectly normal man, as I'm still interested in the opposite sex... hehe

EdenEyeZ said:
well, just to share my personal experience...

After shooting so many beautiful women, I guess my standard of "beauty" has gone up alot. No longer can I compromise myself to look at ordinary gals... :cool:

But thats abt it. I'm still a perfectly normal man, as I'm still interested in the opposite sex... hehe

Aiyah, being not interested in the opposite sex is okay.
But just dun get turned on from the same gender. :nono:

Homosexual is illegal in Singapore.

Hoky said:

Must we really use language like "normal" and "not normal" when talking about homosexuals?

Zplus said:

Right, now we know for sure, and so does he. :bsmilie:

Zplus said:
;)

I did quite a lot of nude and semi nude shooting when I was younger and yes it does reduce your interest in females in a sexual manner. The reason is simply because once you've seen dozens to hundreds of women nude their bodies loose some of the mystery and so on. Also you have to remember that shooting nudes means you should be detached from your own gratifcation mindset, and entirely focused on producing images of quality, otherwise you become nothing more than another of the dirty old/young men brigade.

Ian said:
I did quite a lot of nude and semi nude shooting when I was younger and yes it does reduce your interest in females in a sexual manner. The reason is simply because once you've seen dozens to hundreds of women nude their bodies loose some of the mystery and so on. Also you have to remember that shooting nudes means you should be detached from your own gratifcation mindset, and entirely focused on producing images of quality, otherwise you become nothing more than another of the dirty old/young men brigade.
I beg to differ that shooting nudes will decrease your interest in the opposite sex (females). For I do not see women's body as something of a mystery, if it was, I won't be shooting them, right? After shooting alot, the standard of what is beauty wil probably change, but that does not equate to loosing interest.

I absolutely do not see any relations to denying self gratification, shooting is shooting, to make a beautiful image. Unless, shooting nudes equates to some proxy for sexual gratification, then you will have a problem.

Hoky said:

That is about one of the stupidest comment posted lately. Another neanthethal in the making. Be open minded about things and you will be a better artist!

Zplus said:

;)

dun tell me d person in question shoots nude 2 satisfy his sexual craving?:devil:

Zplus said:

;)

Hi all,

Personally I think the bodies of females are a mystery. Different ladies different mysteries. Its up to you on how to explore their bodies (Come on..... Not sex ok!!!) I haven shoot nudes before but when I get a chance, will explore.

Regards

likely a sign of job fatigue = burn out liao:eek:

Like how my medical student friends lose sexual interest when they start on Gynaecology. I don't think "too much of something" makes you lose interest.. but must be selective about what you look at. Medical students and photographers don't really have a choice. Heh.

hanqiang1011 said:
Hi all,

Personally I think the bodies of females are a mystery. Different ladies different mysteries. Its up to you on how to explore their bodies (Come on..... Not sex ok!!!) I haven shoot nudes before but when I get a chance, will explore.

Regards
So everything can be a mystery, not only the body of a nude female. Everythings around us is unique. So, everything is a mystery. Cool, makes life interesting!

But really, why is a women's body a mystery? Why should it be?

Oh, one question, hmm... how to explore a woman's body, please enlighten us ... :)

Change the type of nudes lor . . . :bsmilie:

15469DSC01211.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.