Photographers Never Smile To One Another ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i look like prev if i smile? :bsmilie:

greeting may b a betta option. :)

doug3fflux said:
for the record, we never know if the guy's having a bad day. who wants to smile after lugging a 1-series for the whole day shooting in and out nonstop?

anyway, recently i was at a Karaoke competition finale dinner and i saw the photog, who was shooting w a 350D, having the dullest face ever! even when the MC is joking around or something.......just a dead, dull, long, colourless face! my gosh! i was happily grooving to the singing....shooting a little..
he's being serious! passionate abt his job!

some ppl thinks the whole world owes him money lor... for me i will go up make friend... ask for tips and all.... end of day, get contacts, keep in contact... the more friends the merrier... you learn from ppl everyday, everytime..

I don't know whether this is good news or bad.

One time my friend was out shooting. He met a girl who used a P&S and he smiled at her.

Eventually she became his wife.

And now she uses a dslr and he uses her P&S. :)

drtokina said:
i heard that when photgrapher meets another photgrapher,
they never smile but look away.

why?

i thought photgraphers are friendly people?
shld smile when bump into one another?!!!:D
you heard again? from friends again i supposed? oversea friends again?

well.. your friends sure know how to generalise.

Once I was out shooting, first photographer smiled at me. Then he asked to borrow a piece of lens cleaning tissue.

Second photogapher came and smile at me. He wanted to know whether he could used my tripod for a few time-expsoure shots.

Then third photographer came and aslo smiled. He wanted to borrow my Cokin gradual filter.

I saw the fourth photographer coming. Before he could smile I quick quick packed up and left the scene.

:)

in singapore, it's not about photographers never smiling to one another, it's the majority of people who carry big cameras only because they can afford it and THINK they are "photographers" who don't care to smile at one another, or anyone else for that matter.

especially not at you if they walk past you in a group and check out what you're carrying in your hands and then find out you're holding a "oh chey, it's film" SLR (and actually LET ME HEAR THEM). and even more so if you're young.

pfft.

Sion said:

One time my friend was out shooting. He met a girl who used a P&S and he smiled at her.

the become wife part sounds good.

the "she uses a dslr and he uses her P&S" part... badd....:bsmilie:

Sion said:

omg! for real? lol... -starts holding my cam wherever i go- =X

Sion said:
Once I was out shooting, first photographer smiled at me. Then he asked to borrow a piece of lens cleaning tissue.

Second photogapher came and smile at me. He wanted to know whether he could used my tripod for a few time-expsoure shots.

Then third photographer came and aslo smiled. He wanted to borrow my Cokin gradual filter.

I saw the fourth photographer coming. Before he could smile I quick quick packed up and left the scene.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: -smiles at Sion-

hmm.. so far for myself.. discounting the Esplanade trip moriahphotos organised...
i was only smiled at once! at this fashion show at Plaza Singapura on 2nd April...
Not many photographers there (bout 6 or 7, n i think all except 1 of them using DSLRs) n 1 of them, after the show actually smiled at me.. i smiled back politely...
i think i was the only 1 or the 1 of only 2 guys there using prosumer...
sometimes (i dun mean anybody here), some ppl might actually look down on ppl like me who dun own a DSLR.. maybe that's why i've only been smiled at once :cry:

so... if u see a guy with a Panasonic Lumix FZ-20, PLEASE smile n come say hi! remember to ask if it's me or not cos i'm not the only FZ-20 user in SG! haha.. i'll definitely like to have more friends...

-smiles at all the other photographers here-

hazmee said:
I remembered vividly the last time I smiled at a photographer, he thought he didnt zip up his fly. Hilarious I tell you. Now I stopped smiling already. :p

next time when you smile, DO NOT look at people's crotch.
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

derelictz said:
haha -smiles at zaren-
hi there...

-smiles at derelictz-
hi! thx for making CS a friendlier place! :)

hwchoy said:
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

haha... but u cant look at other ppl's eyes too.. later ppl think u fang dian (put electricity, seduce).. ahha.. brokeback mountain again... unless the 1 u're smiling at is a ger.. ;p

hwchoy said:
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

look at people's boobs instead!
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.