Photographers Never Smile To One Another ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtokina

Deregistered
Jan 24, 2006
i heard that when photgrapher meets another photgrapher,
they never smile but look away.

why?

i thought photgraphers are friendly people?
shld smile when bump into one another?!!!:D

There are weird people on earth. Never know who you can smile to when you bump into.

Well,I'm always smiling at fellow photographers. If you see someone smiling, don't forget to smile back!!

Heng here post count not counted... else become EDMW liao...

drtokina said:
i heard that when photgrapher meets another photgrapher,
they never smile but look away.

why?

i thought photgraphers are friendly people?
shld smile when bump into one another?!!!:D
Why bother about others, do you smile or greet to other fellow photographers first even you don't know them??

FYI, I do.

...unless they take photo of each other. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Anyway, just another of those topics here again. :dunno:

Usually I will try to be polite to other fellow photographers. I can smile to them but it is ok if they don't smile back, I'm just trying to be friendly here. Doesn't really matters to me.

Sometime, the other person may be thinking, who is this guy who is smiling at me. :think: But all these doesn't really bother me. What is more important is that each of us gotten what we want to take.

i smiled and started brokeback mountain...:bsmilie:

actually to be serious, like as in working life, not all who don't smile are bad, similarly some who smiled often might be hypocrites..but of course doesn't imply all la..

Francis247 said:
...unless they take photo of each other. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Anyway, just another of those topics here again. :dunno:

Usually I will try to be polite to other fellow photographers. I can smile to them but it is ok if they don't smile back, I'm just trying to be friendly here. Doesn't really matters to me.

Sometime, the other person may be thinking, who is this guy who is smiling at me. :think: But all these doesn't really bother me. What is more important is that each of us gotten what we want to take.
If a photographer not polite to others fellow photographers in very bad for self image and business, I know one photographer always give black face to others, even meet him at the lab also the same, he can treat others like transparent, he thinks this is stylish and have character, didn't know that all others are saying he is the most snobbish photographer ever met.

i dun like to smile at guys. might gif the wrong impression and indications. might cause unwanted attention and undesirable consequences. BROKENBACK? tat is very bad!

but if its drtokina, hell yeah!~ i'll not only smile at him but pass him a book to sign on as he is the slides master!!! :bsmilie:

KRW rocks and roll!!!

I always say hi and smile first to any photographers I met while shooting outdoor, expecially if the photograher is a chiobu .... :bsmilie:
But i have seen a few cases that when a pretty girl smiles at a group of Singapore photograhers at a public place, immediately all the guns will point at her ... and .... start firings .... :bigeyes:

I always try to smile at other photographers, when I'm carrying a camera too of course..

I will smile at the other photog under this conditions:

1) if he is using NIKON
2) if the photog is a pretty gal
3) if I know that the photog is shooting me, I will pose and smile

Paul_Yeo said:
I will smile at the other photog under this conditions:

1) if he is using NIKON
2) if the photog is a pretty gal
3) if I know that the photog is shooting me, I will pose and smile
Wah PRO remarks, I must jot it down. :thumbsup:

I remembered vividly the last time I smiled at a photographer, he thought he didnt zip up his fly. Hilarious I tell you. Now I stopped smiling already. :p

hazmee said:
I remembered vividly the last time I smiled at a photographer, he thought he didnt zip up his fly. Hilarious I tell you. Now I stopped smiling already. :p
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

to practise that million dollar smile, do go to the ground floor toilet at Raffles City and smile at some of the beff-cakes in there.:thumbsup:

there u go! smiling at fellow fotographers can be so easy!:bsmilie:

for the record, we never know if the guy's having a bad day. who wants to smile after lugging a 1-series for the whole day shooting in and out nonstop?

anyway, recently i was at a Karaoke competition finale dinner and i saw the photog, who was shooting w a 350D, having the dullest face ever! even when the MC is joking around or something.......just a dead, dull, long, colourless face! my gosh! i was happily grooving to the singing....shooting a little..

Status
Not open for further replies.