Photographers make the models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are u sure anot ..... some girls look aesthically beautiful but tt doesnt necessarily make the photo nice....

its the team that makes the photo look nice man...

cheers.

if the photograher makes the model great, the credit goes to the photographer ...

but if the photographer cannot make a model look great, does the photographer blame the model?

yes I blame the model.
hahahahaha.
Otherwise I cover her face with a cloth. always works.

not to be an as s but i find some of the models in the album section really cant make it .. some of them are really pretty but alot .. hah.. well different strokes for different folks

Sion said:
Do you think that it's the photographers that make a model great?

make the model 'great' in terms of 'looking good, different, special, unique' or "success as a model"?

either ways, it is good (but not necessarily) to consider the 'others behind-the-scene', too. often, we tend to 'personify' success down to a single, central character (e.g the director of an award-winning film)

but of course, there are some photographers of sufficient clout, fame and skills to singlehandedly raise a poor,country farm girl from obscurity to the limelight. or make the ordinary look like gold :bsmilie:

or just like some film auteurs, photographers who have a firm and decisive hand in every single thing.

uhh...don't think i really answered the question yet :embrass:

my personal answer would be : no.

----

edit: ok i forgot to factor in the consideration of private, personal photoshoots. in this case,

i agree with those who have said, photographer and model work hand in hand as a team

well, for sure, i never agree wif photographer who blame the model if their shoot turns out bad. The photographer - at the end of the day - is the one who press the shutter. If anything goes wrong - be it the model, styling, whatever - the photographer always had a choice not to press the shutter.

AngelZhou said:
well, for sure, i never agree wif photographer who blame the model if their shoot turns out bad. The photographer - at the end of the day - is the one who press the shutter. If anything goes wrong - be it the model, styling, whatever - the photographer always had a choice not to press the shutter.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:no wonder i am not shooting these days ahahhaha....

juz joking....

I'd say one without the other will not work. In order to produce a concept completely faithful to what photographer had in mind, a good model is required. A good model without a photographer who knows what he wants and has a good concept is but a pretty face.

The winner in a ballroom dance competition requires at the most basic level, two good dancers, in addition to, great make-up artists, costumes makers, coaches, trainers, etc.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A lousy photographer and a horrible model's pictures still can sell so long the buyer thinks it is good.

put it tis way. there must b an inferior pic so tt a betta pic can stand out rite? :sweat:

ok, team effort. IMO, its the stylists team that makes the bigger impact. watch America's next top models, some models ain't pretty, and yet the shots come out stunning. are the photogs gd? yes they are. if CS's photoshoots have a team of stylists akin to those in ANTM, many CS'ers can also produce Great quality pictures! but these photoshoots prolly cost a bomb...

also one can compare the different magazines, same celeb/model, look very different. if posing/lighting/compo is poor, one can point finger to the photog, else its the team of stylists liao.

A bit of X, playboy's production team is really good.

den we'll hav ppl looking 4 volunteer MUA nx? :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.