Photographers involved in small fight at WP rally last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediForce4ever

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
Last night, at an opposition Rally in AMK, two photographers were involved in an incident with two opposition Party supporters.
Apparently, one of the photographer decided to take a photo of on of the supporters,Mr.A.
Mr A did not seem to like this and scolded the photographer.
However the photographer claimed to be on a school project, which he really was.And Mr A believed him and even shook hands with him.
But, Mr B, the other OP supporter called the photographer a ''running dogs'':sticktong of the PplActprty(as he thought they were from the press), and asked Mr A not to believe the photog.
The photog got angry and said ''eh, i can sue you for slander ok''.
The word ''sue'' angered Mr.A and B, and a scuffle erupted.
The two supporters tried to grab hold of the cameras belonging to the two photogs and almost assualted them, if not for the bystanders who stopped them.
They used vulgar language on the photographers and continued to threathen them.

At last, the two photogs left without saying a thing.

Let this serve as a warning to all photogs who are shooting at rallies among the crowd.please dont use any sensitive words or even mention the word government(for opposition rallies).

This issue reflects on the amount of respect photographers get when outside.
As long as you hold a camera, people assume you to be from the press immediately...is this fair?;(

JediForce4ever said:
Last night, at the Worker's Party Rally in AMK, two photographers were involved in an incident with two Worker Party supporters.
Apparently, one of the photographer decided to take a photo of on of the supporters,Mr.A.
Mr A did not seem to like this and scolded the photographer.
However the photographer claimed to be on a school project, which he really was.And Mr A believed him and even shook hands with him.
But, Mr B, the other WP supporter called the photographer a ''running dogs'':sticktong of the PplActprty(as he thought they were from the press), and asked Mr A not to believe the photog.
The photog got angry and said ''eh, i can sue you for slander ok''.
The word ''sue'' angered Mr.A and B, and a scuffle erupted.
The two supporters tried to grab hold of the cameras belonging to the two photogs and almost assualted them, if not for the bystanders who stopped them.
They used vulgar language on the photographers and continued to threathen them.

At last, the two photogs left without saying a thing.

Let this serve as a warning to all photogs who are shooting at rallies among the crowd.please dont use any sensitive words or even mention the word government(for opposition rallies).

This issue reflects on the amount of respect photographers get when outside.
As long as you hold a camera, people assume you to be from the press immediately...is this fair?;(

Wah..fierce,i better not bring dslr..bring pns...

We can all see the maturity of Mr B... so sad to see that he's so hot tempered. doesn't reflect well on him and whatever he's representing.

This story tell everyone that photgraphers are not "big shot",

want to shoot some thing, don't always think photographers have every "right" to do so,
yes, phtographers may have the right to shoot him, but "kena" "hood", want to blame who?

use more brain, and less mouth.

why state the party name, are you trying to say something?

djork said:
We can all see the maturity of Mr B... so sad to see that he's so hot tempered. doesn't reflect well on him and whatever he's representing.

reflects bad on the leader... its like the chinese saying... shang liang bu zhen, xia liang wai... (simplified : a crooked pillar have a crooked base), and in no way am i supporting either parties, nor am i trying to belittle any of them...

if a leader cannot control and make its subordinates know that they should rally to win more ppl over, i think no matter how good he is on top, he can never get ppl below to follow him...

besides... (just an assumption) do you think A & B purposely do it to make their group look bad? like u know the guy who pwn3d his own party by publishing a newsletter?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
reflects bad on the leader... its like the chinese saying... shang liang bu zhen, xia liang wai... (simplified : a crooked pillar have a crooked base), and in no way am i supporting either parties, nor am i trying to belittle any of them...

if a leader cannot control and make its subordinates know that they should rally to win more ppl over, i think no matter how good he is on top, he can never get ppl below to follow him...

besides... (just an assumption) do you think A & B purposely do it to make their group look bad? like u know the guy who pwn3d his own party by publishing a newsletter?

Vote for DCA! :thumbsup:

catchlights said:

Paiseh leh, i cannot do it here (foreigner mah)... unless you can do vote in Korea lor...

hahaha...my first lesson abt shooting ppl at rally is nvr ask just shoot, and always
be ard the journalist.

so today is my 2nd lesson, nvr use the word 'sue'...sure ppl go crazy!

khairi said:
hahaha...my first lesson abt shooting ppl at rally is nvr ask just shoot, and always
be ard the journalist.

so today is my 2nd lesson, nvr use the word 'sue'...sure ppl go crazy!

teach you the 3rd lesson, shoot half way, raise your fist and shout, "hou!" "hou!" "hou!"

sure someone will give you best spot or bring you a ladder to shoot. :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
teach you the 3rd lesson, shoot half way, raise your fist and shout, "hou!" "hou!" "hou!"

sure someone will give you best spot or bring you a ladder to shoot. :bsmilie:

must also wear the same colour as the party! :bsmilie:

zhang3feng said:
must also wear the same colour as the party! :bsmilie:
if wear all white to WP rally,ho sey liao. :hammer:

I feel that the photographer should not have snapped back at both Mr. A & Mr. B...
If he is doing a school project, he should have hold his peace & move on. After all he is asking a favor. Getting angry & intimidate anyone who is already so guarded is not a wise thing to do...

zaxh81 said:
if wear all white to WP rally,ho sey liao. :hammer:

wah gang bang! then it will be the 1st rally to be dismiss on the spot by police :thumbsup:

If the photogs involved ARE shooting for school projects, then they couldn't be from the press.

Since that's the case, they must be students and have no or limited knowledge on the ethics n professionalism of a press photog, esp shooting such events.

Let them learn the hard way then.

Status
Not open for further replies.