Photographer's agency/representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiphopper

Oct 15, 2006
Can anyone here shed some light about how a photographer can go about being rep by a photographer's agency? And are there any other reputable reps in singapore besides Wall Management and Stone Camera Management?

Cheers:)

anyone?

Thanks Beehive.
After looking at the photographers' works from various reps, I notice all of them have a certain specific style (still life, portraits, advertising etc.). So does one has to build up their portfolio catering to a certain market before getting signed to a rep/agency?

Dude you are asking what are pre 101 type questions. As a working photog if you do not have a book (of images aka da portfolio) you are a ghost or in other words you do not exist. How can some one market a creative that has nothing to show with regards to capability, sensitivity and talent ? The level needed to reach you need a rep to market you is pretty high plus you need to be consistant in production no rubbish like I am an artist and you do not understand my art.

thanks ellery.
basically i just want to know do we, as photographers make cold calls to potential reps to set up meetings? or does it work other ways?
maybe someone who is currently represented in clubsnap can share with us their experience.

Last edited:
Hello,

Drop them a call if you feel your work is up to par. If not, don't.

Z

thanks ellery.
basically i just want to know do we, as photographers make cold calls to potential reps to set up meetings? or does it work other ways?
maybe someone who is currently represented in clubsnap can share with us their experience.

Last edited:
Use your gut feel. Each one is different so no one except you knows your circumstances but be honest to yourself. Have you been to job interviews before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.