Photographer:someone that produces great photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
Photographer :someone that produces great photos. Carrying a great camera does not make you a photographer but a camera owner.

Do you agree?

Photographer: Some one that takes fotos

Professional Photographer: One that shoots for living

Photocopier: One that copies other's shots

Professional Crapper: espn

:D

Pro or not is not the matter cos if you can take great photos, you are a photographer.

Sometimes, it seems that people measure the ability by the equipment, like wat harry potter thinks, rather than the output.

razor said:
Photographer :someone that produces great photos. Carrying a great camera does not make you a photographer but a camera owner.

Do you agree?

it's always been like this what.....lol

razor said:

Do you agree?

Every photographer is a camera owner, but every camera owner might not be a photographer. :bsmilie:

Yes.

Whan to produce great images, photographer must look beyond the equipment.

If just fondling about camera and lens, it is not an issues, that’s also a kind of hobby.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

razor said:

Do you agree?

photographer: someone who produces photos, some of which may be great.

great photographer: someone who consistently produces great photographs.

camera owner: someone (usually a photographer) who owns a camera.

photography guru: ken rockwell.

Don't care. My client/subjects/public like my photos, I'm a photographer. If not, I'm just a cameraman. :bsmilie:

zaren said:
photographer: someone who produces photos, some of which may be great.

great photographer: someone who consistently produces great photographs.

camera owner: someone (usually a photographer) who owns a camera.

Adam Ansel was once quoted in saying - "if you can produce one great photograph a month, you are a photographer par excellent " - or something to that effect.

Struggling to produce one per year already. Do not raise the bar leh. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

I am a phototaker... one who takes photograph

tOGGY said:
Adam Ansel was once quoted in saying - "if you can produce one great photograph a month, you are a photographer par excellent " - or something to that effect.

Struggling to produce one per year already. Do not raise the bar leh. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

i didnt say that EVERY photo taken *must* be a great photo. i said consistent. that means the photographer must be very self critical about his/her work, and which photographs are considered good enough for printing. one great photo a month is *consistent*, and is also darn bloody good. great photographers use their camera as sketchbooks, and you can often see the development of their vision through the contact sheets. that is why top photographers always want to see the contact sheets of aspiring photographers, because it speaks volumes about how the photographer approaches the subject, works it, develops it, and delves deeper.

espn said:
Photographer: Some one that takes fotos

Professional Photographer: One that shoots for living

Photocopier: One that copies other's shots

Professional Crapper: espn

:D

WELL SAID :thumbsup:

So sad, i cant fit either one.

educational thread.

razor said:
Carrying a great camera does not make you a photographer but a camera owner.

Carrying a great camera does not necessarily make one a photographer but will make one feel like a great photographer.:bsmilie:

The marketing geniuses at Nikon and Canon know about this.:sweatsm:

Sion said:
Carrying a great camera does not necessarily make one a photographer but will make one feel like a great photographer.:bsmilie:

The marketing geniuses at Nikon and Canon know about this.:sweatsm:

Quite true about the marketing thingy.....

too many suckers everyday.

Part of me not agree. A better camera give you more advance setting. And helps to produce better output. Though a Digital camera can produce nice photo, but won't it better if you had an DSLR which give you better shutter release and focusing? Example a EVO VIII and Hyundai, thought it's just a status of the ownership, but it give you more power on the road....sigh...wakaranai no...

As much as the idealists would like to believe that the camera does not matter, I just don't think that's the truth. Maybe it should be said that the camera isn't everything. I really doubt Russel Wong would be able to do that great a shot using a disposable camera. In fact, would YOU hire him if you knew he was only going to use a Fujifilm Quicksnap?

Carrying a great camera does not make a great photographer. But it does give him/her the potential to be one. After all, the camera is but a tool, isn't it?

As for myself, I'd always refrain, and discourage people, from calling myself a "photographer". I'm merely a photography enthusiast lah...

Status
Not open for further replies.