Photographer:someone that produces great photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Russell W. is an average shooter anyway.

synapseman said:
As much as the idealists would like to believe that the camera does not matter, I just don't think that's the truth. Maybe it should be said that the camera isn't everything. I really doubt Russel Wong would be able to do that great a shot using a disposable camera.

actually I think russel wong would be able to take a great shot with a disposable camera
I bet he could take a great shot with a camera phone too
I've assisted photographers who don't know how to use the cameras that are rented for them and still produce great shots
so I'm keen to think that the camera can help create a certain look (through film size,grain structure, colour, etc etc) but the best photographers are the best because of their strong eye for composition, capturing the right moment, or their sensitivity to details we normal people don't usually capture

carrying a great camera does not make one a great camera owner, right?

razor said:
Photographer :someone that produces great photos. Carrying a great camera does not make you a photographer but a camera owner.

Do you agree?

perhaps so, but he has good interpersonal skills. it helps in business.

LimCB said:
I always thought Russell W. is an average shooter anyway.

razor said:
Photographer :someone that produces great photos. Carrying a great camera does not make you a photographer but a camera owner.

Do you agree?
why???

ferrari owners that drive like that 'shoemaker', drivers.
ferrari owners who drive like Lada driver, also drivers.

what makes photographer so special?
is it a title that one has to earn?
or to be judged by peers?

:confused:

mattlock said:
actually I think russel wong would be able to take a great shot with a disposable camera
I bet he could take a great shot with a camera phone too
I've assisted photographers who don't know how to use the cameras that are rented for them and still produce great shots
so I'm keen to think that the camera can help create a certain look (through film size,grain structure, colour, etc etc) but the best photographers are the best because of their strong eye for composition, capturing the right moment, or their sensitivity to details we normal people don't usually capture
don't know how to use camera n still produce great shots?
he must at least know how to press the shuttle release,
which means he knows how to use, isn't it?
just don't know well enough.

judeseah said:
don't know how to use camera n still produce great shots?
he must at least know how to press the shuttle release,
which means he knows how to use, isn't it?
just don't know well enough.

i can give you an example of such. i know of someone who only knows how to press the shutter release and he takes some fantastic photos of expressions during group gatherings and parties.

It is something in-born to be able to see a nice expression on ppl's face know the time to press the shutter... and he is only 4 years old.

razor said:

Do you agree?

How great is great? You cannot judge art bah... Different people will see it differently.

yanyewkay said:
i can give you an example of such. i know of someone who only knows how to press the shutter release and he takes some fantastic photos of expressions during group gatherings and parties.

It is something in-born to be able to see a nice expression on ppl's face know the time to press the shutter... and he is only 4 years old.
1. load film/memory card.
2. set mode n metering.
3. point n then shoot.

now to get back to the point regarding the 'don't know how'.
surely these 3 he must know.
so its like not very familiar n not don't know,
else no film or card = no pics, right?
first attempt at using a leica M many yrs back,
don't even know how to load the film,
so no good/bad pics till the owner load for me.

anyway, i do believe some 4 yrs old do come out with nice pics,
like i do believe the theory about
the infinite monkeys typing infinitely will produced a shakespear,
sooner or later.

now, i start to think, what is photography...............?

a art, a skill to earn a living, or a tool to take pics only, or should it be a tool to take pretty girls?

smurfman said:
now, i start to think, what is photography...............?

a art, a skill to earn a living, or a tool to take pics only, or should it be a tool to take pretty girls?
now, i like this thought!

i started with the last,
ended up trying to make every girl i take beautiful.

judeseah said:
now, i like this thought!

i started with the last,
ended up trying to make every girl i take beautiful.

Just got a btb cancelled the ROM shoot with me, cos I said no touch up on photos, than she said no touch up she CMI, can cancell or not? I told her Ok lor, what to do?

My skills very bad mah? I don't depend on touch up to salvage my shots, no re-crop, like this can not meh?

Shoot 2 hours, how much time want to sit in front of the PC to work on it?

If divide out the hours involve, I think is better to work in McDonald, why be a photographer?

reachme2003 said:
perhaps so, but he has good interpersonal skills. it helps in business.

crazy world isn't it?

catchlights said:
Nothing wrong, to be successful in professional photography is not about taking good photos only.

He is very successful in marketing himself in this area.

crazy world isn't it?

catchlights said:
???

You want say like this izit?

Sky har!! You got eyes or not?? I can shoot 10 times better than him, why don't you give me the chance har??

10X only ah?

catchlights said:
Geee, I didn't know you so good..... can I learn something from you?

Sure. take a queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.