photographer.sg

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaxh81

Jan 29, 2003
Earth
when i came across this website,i was delighted that another photography forum have emerged and the content inside was awesome.Alot of things to learn there.
But before i could get further,i was banned.What happen was i received the following email and feedback,before i could log back in to see my reply,i was face with a message saying i was banned.
This is what i got.
Date:Monday, July 25, 2005 11:17 AM
To:XXX@singnet.com.sg
Subject:Compaq Presario M2223AP Notebook Brand new with local Warranty

Dear zaxh81,
Hi there, I got a notebook as a gift from someone for sale. It's brand new and 1 year warranty from HP. The specification can be found here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en/un/WF06b/100011-200029-300064-300064-300064-403693-1432918.html I'm looking for someone offer around $1500, currenty market selling price is $1800++
If you are interested, please feel free to email me. Thanks for reading my mail and have a nice day.

Martin .

And from what i know,martin is a moderator there.:think:
Even after registering a new nick and asking nicely if i need to change my account setting in order not to receive these email also led to my 2nd nick been banned.
Just don't understand how they are running the forum there.:thumbsd:

you end up helping him to advertise his item at clubsnap :bsmilie:

dang.. doesn't everyone hate dirty politics ... :rolleyes: ...

IIRC .. martin used to be the owner of the shop - SuperPet in SLS...:think: interesting ....

Drudkh said:
he's the forum owner there.

so that's the reason why i was banned.:think:

alfonso: take it as advertise,if mod think it's inappropriate,may take down anytime.Take it as bad way of running a forum.Treat it as SPAM.

zaxh81 said:
so that's the reason why i was banned.:think:

alfonso: take it as advertise,if mod think it's inappropriate,may take down anytime.Take it as bad way of running a forum.Treat it as SPAM.
so what exactly did you do?

Drudkh said:
so what exactly did you do?

me? i just open a thread there asking for a reason why i receive this email.
Is it some setting which i need to alter since i new there.
Without further advice i was banned.

This thread is just to let people aware of this situation in that site,i see alot of familiar people there too.:)

zaxh81 said:
me? i just open a thread there asking for a reason why i receive this email.
Is it some setting which i need to alter since i new there.
Without further advice i was banned.

This thread is just to let people aware of this situation in that site,i see alot of familiar people there too.:)
:bsmilie: Surprise surprise!

Odd that he would do that. Maybe someone who is active in that forum can share some light?

I have nothing but bad experiences with that forum too. As much as Martin and gang claim to be the "better alternative" to clubsnap, I do not believe they practise what they preach.

I have heard that they believe their forum is more focused on photography than here, but I honestly do not see how so. In fact I have been told that he had actually sent out invite to a clubsnapper girl who had asked for a TFP here in clubsnap (the thread that created a big hoo-ha sometime back), to join his forum. He even prepared her nick and password for her! A nick that is quite royal at that.

Personally, I had done the time for print for her. She posted the pics there and I decided to not reveal that I was the photographer who shot her. I just wanted to know how our fellow photographers would feel towards the pics if they didnt know i was the photographer. I actually contributed to the discussion. However, I later realised that Martin knew I shot her. I then PM him to ask if it was ok that I remain anonymous but that I would be agreeable if he wanted to let the forum people know that I shot her.

However, I recieved a nasty and far from friendly reply accusing me of disrupting his forum (HUH????) and having a lack of integrity. Sheesh.

Here's the pm.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamasaint
Hi!

I actually chose to remain anonymous for once, for this shoot. I would appreciate if you remove the hints you had given as it is too obvious. In the critique of her pics, there is no real need to kow who the pohotographer is, is there? =)

Anyway...this is a personal request. You don't have to agree to it altho I would very much like you to do so.

Cheers!

Kelvin

Quote: Originally Posted by MaMa

Yup, I do it intentionally. I think if you are the photographer while you are posting your comments on the thread itself to contradict or disguise yourself is not fair to the readers and members. It's something to do with integrity? I hope you understand what I meant. Especially, you have registered as a member for such long and suddenly come and give me such crap in my forums, not knowingly violate our etiquette, would you also treat your customers the same too?

Quote: Originally Posted by iamasaint

Hi...there is no need for such harsh word as crap. I have never visited your forum then because it wasnt so active as it is now. Anyway, I had no knowledge that ***replaced*** had posted these pics here till she informed me later.

I had neither deny nor confirm in my comments that the photos were shot by me.

This is my first post

"i believe this is my first posting on spn... hahaha...

anyways...i think the pics are great if they were taken with natural lighting and without the aid of any other additional light source. I think cropping the head is fine too. I really cant understand why people are still uncomfortable with cropped off heads. Take a look at the fashion mags and you'll find lots...esp close up shots like these.

Cheers..."

It IS NOT an integrity problem. I am open to revealing my identity , which I will do in a new thread. However, I thought it would be polite to pm you my intentions first. I only came here after ***replaced*** had posted and told me abt her posting and out of curiousity i came to look and then figured I would be able to have a discussion with the forum members on the merits and faults of the photos.

I also cannot understand why you have to drag what I do with my customers into this. It is uncalled for.

I came with good and kind intentions but am leaving soured by this whole episode. I wish you and your forum well but I will not be a part of this forum anymore.

Rgds

Kelvin

dEthANGeL said:
dang.. doesn't everyone hate dirty politics ... :rolleyes: ...

IIRC .. martin used to be the owner of the shop - SuperPet in SLS...:think: interesting ....
I think there are at least a hundred thousand 'Martins' in Singapore. :D

ha ha ha...i too is an unwelcomed visitor there, although i do receive
invitations...hmmm...mayb i got the invitations becos it's a mass mailing thingy.
y i am/was unwelcomed...bcos i critic a moderator's work too honestly, to straight
in the face, too too too dunno what...ha ha...and he dont like it at all.

really crap.

I dun visit that forum anymore ever since i ask them to stop spamming my mail box and request for my de-registration. I find it very irritating that the admin of the forum permit spamming. I have put their URL / maillist on my block filter list.

jsbn said:
I think there are at least a hundred thousand 'Martins' in Singapore. :D

sure? I saw a group outing. He was in it. Last i also saw, he was running Usonyx ;) ... remember seeing his face on computer times under the advert for Usonyx ...

wow, now then i know i'm not the only one having bad experience there.

Clubsnap is still the best place to be and learn.:vhappy: :cheergal:

zaxh81 said:
wow, now then i know i'm not the only one having bad experience there.

Clubsnap is still the best place to be and learn.:vhappy: :cheergal:

so far before all the subforums ... i was first introduced here.. learnt alot of stuffs and made alot of friends too :embrass:

but i daren't post much due to the "search-before-you-ask" nature of the forum ...

dEthANGeL said:
but i daren't post much due to the "search-before-you-ask" nature of the forum ...

I agree that the "search-b4-you-ask" kind of comments are very intimidating for new-comers. It is a very cold way of making newbies feel unwelcome.

But I believe that in CS, these cases are very isolated ... although I have come across a few ... On the whole most CSers are willing to point you in the right direction, if not actually giving you the link to the post that may contain the answer.

I guess this is the kind of community spirit that should be encouraged in this forum to make it a better and more friendly place for everyone.

RGDs

Long Thai Bean said:
I agree that the "search-b4-you-ask" kind of comments are very intimidating for new-comers. It is a very cold way of making newbies feel unwelcome.

But I believe that in CS, these cases are very isolated ... although I have come across a few ... On the whole most CSers are willing to point you in the right direction, if not actually giving you the link to the post that may contain the answer.

I guess this is the kind of community spirit that should be encouraged in this forum to make it a better and more friendly place for everyone.

RGDs

Have to agree. When i first joined, was reading through the posts. "Use the search function above before posting bla bla bla ... " ... though nowadays it still happens now and then... but not as often as in the past.

But then again, its kinda irritating for the same question / debate to be popped up over and over again ... :think: .. that's another story

Status
Not open for further replies.