Photographer needed for event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

osianblue

Apr 24, 2005
Looking for photographer for photo taking of the media invitation of Expressions International introduction of its new spokesman for New Breath Magazine.

Time : 1030am on 14th Dec 2005.

Photographer will not be paid for the event, but this is a good chance for building up your portfolio.

P/M me for more details if you are interested.

one slot opening only. Deadline by today. Sorry for the short notice.

Thanks! ;)

Slot taken up. Thanks for viewing. :)

chance for building portfolio again.. :dunno: ... if the only "one" photographer changes it's mind and decided go fly kite tomoro morn, then... :think:

not even free food ??? :cry: and it's taken up .... ......... ......... .... nice for portfolio building .lol :bsmilie: :bsmilie: so next time we see someone with this event as portfolio , then we know who liao lor ..

It's funny. I don't really have any good event portfolios on my galleries other than the fashion shows i've been taking (and everybody else been taking), and coincidentally tmr 14th Dec i am getting $280 for a total of 1hr worth of total shooting time but spread over 3 venues (ie time taken by travelling is more than shooting).

Choose your own poison guys. You choose to shoot smart, and to earn or not to earn.

2100 said:
It's funny. I don't really have any good event portfolios on my galleries other than the fashion shows i've been taking (and everybody else been taking), and coincidentally tmr 14th Dec i am getting $280 for a total of 1hr worth of total shooting time but spread over 3 venues (ie time taken by travelling is more than shooting).

Choose your own poison guys. You choose to shoot smart, and to earn or not to earn.
Wow... PRO, can I follow you and learn from you?

espn said:
Wow... PRO, can I follow you and learn from you?
There is no need to follow, i don't think i followed anybody anyway. It's just called marketing and networking, with the market being so spoilt nowadays. No diff whether you can shoot or can't shoot.

2100 said:
There is no need to follow, i don't think i followed anybody anyway. It's just called marketing and networking, with the market being so spoilt nowadays. No diff whether you can shoot or can't shoot.
Pro comment :thumbsup: I will need to learn how to shoot more from you.

thanks to espn and 2100 for your ernest and heartfelt comments...

zzz 2day then i look

osianblue said:
Photographer will not be paid for the event, but this is a good chance for building up your portfolio.

What kind of stupid excuse is this?

I didnt know Expressions International is so cheapskate!

I know one of the marketing executives at Expressions at MacDonald House and I'm going to call her and find out exactly what on earth is going on here !!!!

This is extremely bad publicity for Expressions International if its true

righton said:

I didnt know Expressions is so cheapskate! I know one of the marketing executives at Expressions and I'm going to write in to her and find out exactly what on earth is going on here !!!!

hmmm...may be u can even find out if there is any middleman/event organiser/PR agent who charge Expressions $$ for photographer while looking for free labour here...:rolleyes:

righton said:

I didnt know Expressions is so cheapskate! I know one of the marketing executives at Expressions and I'm going to write in to her and find out exactly what on earth is going on here !!!!

yah lor.... the right price must be paid for deserving efforts....

using the convenient excuse of helping another person build his portfolio
is undoubtably a guise for trying to get free labour.

Expressions should really brush up on its image.
the beckoning post really can damage Expression's reputation.

Can you imagine Jay Chou saying, "hey you come shoot me for free"?

People will be thinking why Jay Chou, a singer who earn millions, would stoop so low...lor

jus my 2 cents worth =)

richliow said:
yah lor.... the right price must be paid for deserving efforts....

using the convenient excuse of helping another person build his portfolio
is undoubtably a guise for trying to get free labour.

Expressions should really brush up on its image.
the beckoning post really can damage Expression's reputation.

Can you imagine Jay Chou saying, "hey you come shoot me for free"?

People will be thinking why Jay Chou, a singer who earn millions, would stoop so low...lor

jus my 2 cents worth =)

the threadstarter might not be (and most probably is not) representing Expressions

2100 said:

Wah! $280 for a 1hr shoot. :eek:
Your earning big! :thumbsup:

eikin said:
the threadstarter might not be (and most probably is not) representing Expressions

even if the threadstarter is not Expressions International staff its very likely it is one of the event organizer's staff

This is absolutely terrible!!! If the boss of Expressions Int'l, Ms. Theresa Chew gets to hear of this, her staff or the event organizer better be prepared for the worst!

The company as I know it, strategically positions itself EXTREMELY WELL in an exclusive niche for which it has spent huge amounts of money in its marketing and branding efforts .......... and to risk jepoardy to its carefully cultivated image by pulling an exploitative manouver like this.......... is truly beyond comprehension......... its tantamount to throwing a ball at a carefully constructed stack of cards

I might sound overboard, but Expressions International's competitors could use this to besmirch the quality of the Expressions brand

righton said:
even if the threadstarter is not Expressions International staff its very likely it is one of the event organizer's staff

This is absolutely terrible!!! If the boss of Expressions Int'l, Ms. Theresa Chew gets to hear of this, her staff or the event organizer better be prepared for the worst!

The company as I know it, strategically positions itself EXTREMELY WELL in an exclusive niche for which it has spent huge amounts of money in its marketing and branding efforts .......... and to risk jepoardy to its carefully cultivated image by pulling an exploitative manouver like this.......... is truly beyond comprehension......... its tantamount to throwing a ball at a carefully constructed stack of cards

that's why the threadstarter most probably don't represent Expressions (and would not consider what is at stake for Expressions), like Wai said, most likely the middle person handling the event. that has to be found out. i agree that Expressions be made known of such a dealing as well, doesn't speak well of their image.

righton said:
I might sound overboard, but Expression International's competitors could use this to besmirch the quality of the brand

does sound a little overboard, don't think that is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.