Photographer Models??

Do U want to be a model.. Yes or No?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovas1

Jun 6, 2003
SG
How many of us here actually hope to be models instead of photographers? Maybe some of us practise hard enough so that one day we can do our own self-protrait instead?

What are your views?

There's no choice for "I suck and I'm fat and I've attitude, how to model?" :bsmilie: Well this option is only applicable to me.

ha..
i have no idea...
just choose one that is closest to your description.. Guess maybe we should have a model forum/subforum too!

Actually model need not to be pretty, handsome, tall and slim.
Look at the MRT ad, various foodcourt ad, they photographed "very normal" people. Only in fashion magazines, runways and *hmm* my model shoots that we use very pretty and tall and slim models.

Astin said:
Look at the MRT ad, various foodcourt ad, they photographed "very normal" people. Only in fashion magazines, runways and *hmm* my model shoots that we use very pretty and tall and slim models.

Lolz. Those are from 'Talent agencies' right, rather than the model agencies? these days its so hard to separate those who are genuine model/talent scouts, and those who are trying to get u to buy a package/modeling portfolio/ what not.

And there's a distinct difference between a Newbie Model and an Amateur/Freelance. Newbie means no experience whatsoever, amateur means some experience, but not professional (not making a living by it) freelance means you are not with any agency? is that correct? :)

I can't help but feel that this thread is sparked off by my thread.
Aiya. This is my school holidays mah. Of course must try something I've always wanted to try since Sec school days, right? Don't try now then try when?

Astin said:

why u so thick-skinned?? i wan to box u up!
astin :hammer:
astin:flame:
some of yr models not tall la.. Its the high heels very "TALL"..

Poledra said:
I can't help but feel that this thread is sparked off by my thread.
Aiya. This is my school holidays mah. Of course must try something I've always wanted to try since Sec school days, right? Don't try now then try when?

well.. I wanted to post long time ago but just no excuse.. ha.
:embrass:

When I was young, I used to think of being a model.. coz that time I had the figure.. People also said I looked like Tang Miaoling, Sally Yeh and Zoe Tay..

But now.. somehow things had changed..
NO figure + no LOOks. haiz.. maybe need some make-up artist who can do the job well and a good photographer who can make me look slim.

evildolly said:
Lolz. Those are from 'Talent agencies' right, rather than the model agencies? these days its so hard to separate those who are genuine model/talent scouts, and those who are trying to get u to buy a package/modeling portfolio/ what not.

And there's a distinct difference between a Newbie Model and an Amateur/Freelance. Newbie means no experience whatsoever, amateur means some experience, but not professional (not making a living by it) freelance means you are not with any agency? is that correct? :)

i dunno anything about these agencies but i suppose they are both out to earn money, either direct commission or from yr pocket.. So, evildolly, u r freelance model or just model for timber only? :sweatsm:

innovas1 said:
why u so thick-skinned?? i wan to box u up!
astin :hammer:
astin:flame:
some of yr models not tall la.. Its the high heels very "TALL"..

Ah, my sifu taught me many years back:
Rule #1 : photographer must be thick skinned
Rule #2 : photographer must know how to run
Rule #3 : photographer must have strong stomach
etc...... :D

innovas1 said:
i dunno anything about these agencies but i suppose they are both out to earn money, either direct commission or from yr pocket.. So, evildolly, u r freelance model or just model for timber only? :sweatsm:
I model freelance every now and then, but it has to be something I'm interested in, I don't model for the money
:bsmilie:

Lately only model for Timber

Actually, I had a chance to model for some photographers recently while the actual one was changing..... ur... for testing the right exposure lah....

But quite fun except for the flashing lights... :embrass:

Astin said:
Ah, my sifu taught me many years back:
Rule #1 : photographer must be thick skinned
Rule #2 : photographer must know how to run
Rule #3 : photographer must have strong stomach
etc...... :D

What's the strong stomach for?

innovas1 said:
well.. I wanted to post long time ago but just no excuse.. ha.
:embrass:

When I was young, I used to think of being a model.. coz that time I had the figure.. People also said I looked like Tang Miaoling, Sally Yeh and Zoe Tay..

But now.. somehow things had changed..
NO figure + no LOOks. haiz.. maybe need some make-up artist who can do the job well and a good photographer who can make me look slim.

hey can u post the before and current pics of urself? i'm dying to see. :devil:

Azure is also a nice guy that can pose very well, S|anZrong also. Wanna see their shots? :devil:

Should I show? Hmm I might get banned from AG outings... :think:

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.