Photographer for hiring.

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
Photographer
(Singapore)

Responsibilities:

You will provide digital photographic services for advertising,commercial and corporate client.
You will maintain the photograph database, including editing, colour manage, downloading, categorizing and filing of photos,
Maintain the equipment.

Requirements:

Diploma holder, at least 2 years of work experience in commercial photography services for advertising, commercial or corporate client.
Able to work on weekends and irregular hours.
Good photography skills, able to work without supervision
Know how to operate and set up commercial flash lighting,
Capable in handling Medium Format Camera e.g. Hasselblad, Mamiya, Sinar View Camera with Digital Camera Back.
Competent in photography related software e.g. Adobe Photoshop
Effectively English speaking
Energetic, hardworking, team player with creative contributions, independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
Foreigners are welcome to apply

-------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering, for skill work, why diploma holder is needed?

i see u got the job description from apixels. good luck dude!

Good luck? Why? Normally I thought skilled work doesn't require any qualification but experience. Does it mean that if I don't have a diploma, I can't join their team?

sorri, can pls clarify if you are looking to hire a photog ?

pls move the thread then to the appropriate Services Wanted section

maybe they require you to type some reports. and generally higher education means that you are more capable of such task.

Good luck? Why? Normally I thought skilled work doesn't require any qualification but experience. Does it mean that if I don't have a diploma, I can't join their team?
be your own boss, cos most client don't care much whether you are a MBA or only PSLE, as long you can do what you promised.

sorri, can pls clarify if you are looking to hire a photog ?

pls move the thread then to the appropriate Services Wanted section

Hi mod, I'm just surprised that to work as a full time photographer, diploma is needed. I'm just wonder what other people think about it.

Hi mod, I'm just surprised that to work as a full time photographer, diploma is needed. I'm just wonder what other people think about it.

not necessary but some do ask for it............ beats me too :dunno:

Yeah, so I was wondering if I don't have a diploma, that means I can't work with them? Hmm....

Well, some employers or rather the filtering by HR admin look at ur O'level results despite having distinctions, scholarships and PhD in Uni.... =/
I should not ve fallen ill during my O's... sob~

Last edited:
1. You will provide digital photographic services for advertising,commercial and corporate client.
2. You will maintain the photograph database, including editing, colour manage, downloading, categorizing and filing of photos,
3. Maintain the equipment.

This is like recruiting an Army of One. Hopefully the pay is equal to the work required. easily above $2k a month from the requirements.

Perhaps they want the photographer to have some skill in graphic design?? :dunno:

As you know working in Singapore, the employer try to have pao-ka-liao employee :bsmilie:

In case one designer resign, then still have the photographer to do the job

Perhaps they want the photographer to have some skill in graphic design?? :dunno:

As you know working in Singapore, the employer try to have pao-ka-liao employee :bsmilie:

In case one designer resign, then still have the photographer to do the job
see the pay/workload how. usually its the photographer who resigns first.

i believe even a non-diploma person can get the job if they are willing to go for the interview. i had got a job that asked for a degree holder before, when i had only got a diploma.

i would be inclined to think that the reason they asked for a diploma person was because they are hoping to get someone with some additional skills besides those stated there (e.g. engineering, business knowledge, whatever).

whatever is the case, if they need someone to do the job, even if all the applicants are non-diploma candidates, they still gotta choose.

you are not the boss, the boss want to hire who, is their own problem.

if they are asking for dip holders but they do not need it, and they end up limiting their pool of potential photographers, that's also their problem, in the long run they will suffer.

if not, every company has its own unique needs, there are also things like personal preferences - you are not the one hiring, how would you know? ;)

Yeah, so I was wondering if I don't have a diploma, that means I can't work with them? Hmm....

Hey Kenji, have faith in your own abilities. If u think u're up to the mark, go for it, regardless if u have the diploma.

After some time, u'll resign and u'll gain experience, and u can share with the bros here in CS how was it like working there (without that diploma) :)

metta