Photographer confessions

Shizuma

Mar 19, 2012
in line with all the confession pages , i am inviting seniors , sempais, newbies, cats, dogs and any and every species please to. . .

confess your worst photography technique mistakes. eg nuclear flash, bounce flash off sky . . .

thanks. sincere thread here not coffee shop confession thread. meow.

i will start with one. i got told off by dad for shooting machine gun on family film P and S

I forgot to swap out the dry battery in the cam for a fresh battery before I set out to shoot.

I did something really really stupid once... I got too caught up with a shoot, forget that for some reason I have set my exposure to +1 or more, and carry on shooting in a bright hot day... and in between I didn't bother to check. So... when I went back home... I almost fainted at the result... everything was white washed.

there are many.... I made them all..

making mistake is inevitable, but the most important is don't make the same mistake repeatedly.

I packed everything for my night shoot like tripod, extra batteries and wireless shutter receiver but totally forgot about the remote :(

i went to the canon photomarathon with my camera but not the memory card.

classic. guilty , too. esp at night . always wondering why usually 1/10 now 10 sec shutter

[video=youtube;g-l14RCW4UA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-l14RCW4UA[/video]

Was out shooting with a fren and I offered to lend him my tripod as he didn't have one, but I never brought the allen key to remove the quick release plate from my camera.

back in my P&S days, a tourist passed me a dslr asking me to help him take a shot of him in front of the old paliament house. I moved few steps back then few step forward, then stopped to look at the camera and study all the buttons. So he asked me what i'm looking for. I asked him is there a zoom button on the camera and he just smiled and turned the big fat lens... :embrass:

Was out shooting with a fren and I offered to lend him my tripod as he didn't have one, but I never brought the allen key to remove the quick release plate from my camera.
this allen key is in a very common size, you have many of this if you bought some IKEA self assembly furnitures before.
So I put one in every camera bags that I have.

When i was young and trying out photography, i shot the entire day on film. But realise that the cam i used doesnt have an auto feed. Hence the film isnt loaded and no pictures were taken the whole day.

i confess to focusing on other parts of..oh, wait..this is not the kopitiam section. :)

k real confession: day before shoot, i packed everything swee swee, charged all the batteries etc. Day of shoot, realised i didnt pack the batteries...:(

I remember bringing out the camera and tripod.

But no QR plate. Cos the day before lend to somebody else and forgot to put it back. :bsmilie:

This one didn't happen to me, but a friend. He went on a wonderful 2 week holiday to a dream location, then somehow managed to format his card by accident. Luckily still can recover some images with software. :bsmilie:

Shot landscapes on ISO 1600. Forgot to set it back to base ISO after fiddling with the ISO performance the night before... o_O

Bought my new DSRL 3 months ago. Was ready to test shoot at Chinatown. After taking out the camera, realized that I did not bring along the battery.

Before I got my 1st DSLR, my friend borrowed me his to play around, he set it to manual and I just shoot without checking, turns out every shot is overexposed.............................

This one didn't happen to me, but a friend. He went on a wonderful 2 week holiday to a dream location, then somehow managed to format his card by accident. Luckily still can recover some images with software. :bsmilie:

That's damn nasty. :eek: