Photographer confessions

Recently...i did the 'lenscap still attached' thingy...my sister told me....

even the best pro do it at the Olympics. hmm

My flash light is on when I am taking firework ..

I used a small 270ex flash to took a group photo of more than 300 people under semi outdoor under shade ! That is something i am not prepared for as last minute request. So only the center front row (big boss here) is bright and clear ... After this incident, I bought myself a 580exii !

Smile shot with a rented D800 (this was test of D800 #2), did not read the manual accidental set the iso to auto iso, did the key shots of a family group at 2500 iso with a 500 wat head. Second mistake was not to have an assistant for that shoot to handle set up of light while I scouted for location at client's home. Learnt quite a few new things about how to handle noise, how to camouflage noise - customer printed 7 copies of one of the images 24 x36 inch.

Long long time ago, I helping another photographer on an assignment for location shoot, we are still very new to digital photography at the time, don't know what is RAW files, so we shot in tiff format for some important shots, once the shot is done I switch off the camera, without know the camera is still writing the files, so we lost quite a number of frames. our faces turn green.
Such thing won't happen again as the writing speed is very fast for modern cameras, and RAW file are smaller then tiff format, and most important is the cameras will still writing the files to memory card even you switch off your cameras.

another time I shoot in studio, because of back to back sessions, in a rush I forget to insert memory card after remove a memory full card, shots some frames and without notice it. only after switch off camera and switch on again, the realise there is no memory card in it.
from then on, I set all my cameras to "shutter not able to release without memory card" as default.

not so long ago,
I set the month in my new camera wrongly, 6 months earlier, shot about thousands of frame without knowing it, till I upload some images to them to stock agency, the inspectors reject my photos due to the date of capture not the same date in my caption. Lucky I able to correct this with lightroom4.

Peterleenc said:
The AF/M switch accidentally switch to manual focus and shooting for the whole night all photos OOF.

This possible meh?..Surely u saw in viewfinder OOF?

This possible meh?..Surely u saw in viewfinder OOF?

i am guilty of that too. I had some guests over for a party so i whipped out my 50mm and took some photos (i was super newbie then)

no time to think why no AF beep. not shooting wide open but F4, so not immediately visible OOF (the previous focus point is pretty close to the guests) .
their photos are still sitting on my HDD.

omg
photo credit : avant-garde fb page

33965_428936723854789_365786329_n.jpg

walking along the slippery rock on the breakwater at Pasir Ris to get a good angle..
i slipped.. me and my bro's fuji prosumer cam went swimming.. :embrass:
..only my SD card was saved..