Photographer attacked for attempt to take pics of Brad Pitt/Angeline Jolie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new. This has happened quite a number of times and in many countries.

I think that in enforcement of any rights, care has to be taken to ensure that one is not committing an offence whilst trying to enforce those rights.

I think that in enforcement of any rights, care has to be taken to ensure that one is not committing an offence whilst trying to enforce those rights.
True...but in some situations its a very thin line which is very easy to overstep. Sometimes if the other side refuse to give way after verbal warnings, got no choice but to use force lor. Thats where the problems begin.

Well, then they take the risk of being prosecuted for a criminal offence themselves. :) I don't think the line is that thin really, more of in the heat of the moment.

True...but in some situations its a very thin line which is very easy to overstep. Sometimes if the other side refuse to give way after verbal warnings, got no choice but to use force lor. Thats where the problems begin.

It depends whose side you're on. If the photographer ends up with a broken leg or worse (eg head injury), it doesn't matter if the security guard ended up in jail-- you're not going to get your leg or your brain back no matter what.

Ask yourself that before you try to violate the privacy of others. Is your life and limb worth the risk?

Well, then they take the risk of being prosecuted for a criminal offence themselves. :) I don't think the line is that thin really, more of in the heat of the moment.

Bodyguards can manhandle after giving verbal warning just because of taking photos in the public? :nono:

The photographer needs to get his shot & I believe he know very well what he is geting into since the tension has been building up for days.. and the guard also need to do his job. Imagine if his shouting & verbal warning does not work & as a result many shots were taken. He will probably lose his job. So I think it is a fair exchange.

This is common sense applies to any fact of life when it comes to enforcing your rights, whether you are on the photographer's side or the security guard's side. The security guard may also end up getting shot if the photographer pulls a gun. Then the question to ask is wehther the guard should even do his job.

I think this line of argument doesn't warrant much discussion anyway as it is a common sense thing. To bring in that cyclist thread - should a pedestrian not call the police because the cyclist might beat him to a pulp? Or should the cyclist not ride on the pavement because the pedestrian might push him into the path of cars?

And I don't think my initial point is related to this as well.

It depends whose side you're on. If the photographer ends up with a broken leg or worse (eg head injury), it doesn't matter if the security guard ended up in jail-- you're not going to get your leg or your brain back no matter what.

Ask yourself that before you try to violate the privacy of others. Is your life and limb worth the risk?

Photographer? Stop joking! This guy is a paparazzi!

Status
Not open for further replies.