Photograph Milkrun2006 - Volunteers wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melly

Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm assembling a team of volunteer photographers for Beyond Social Services, one of the organizers for the Milkrun2006 on 2nd July 2006, Sun.

Milkrun2006 is Beyond's main fundraising event, and sponsors include PSA, Citigroup, ... More information can be found here http://www.milkrun.sg/

Beyond tries to provide disadvantaged kids, youths and families a shot at having a decent life. Their activities and objectives can be found here http://www.beyond.org.sg/Index.asp

I've been a volunteer photographer for Beyond for some time now, and I also did the same for last year as what I will be doing this year. I hope to assemble a dedicated and cheery team of volunteer photographers for this milkrun.

* While this is a public event, and because you're shooting for Beyond, we hope that you won't sell your photos commercially. We hope you will use your discretion to be sensitive to the people Beyond is trying to help. If you need more clarification on the use of photos, please mail me and I'll try to explain in great detail. Beyond will in return, use the photos for their own use - any commercial sale of photos or whatnot will be negotiated with you.

Because I had photographers coming in at different times last year which made planning and execution a nightmare, I hope to get a core team comprising of about 5 photographers who will be with me from 11 - 630pm on that day.

Ideally, you should have a digital camera (they cannot afford to reimburse film costs, unless you're willing to bear your own developing costs and scannin), and

- fun, cheery, good with kids and people
- committed to the date 2nd July 2006 from 11-630pm
- team spirit

Also, I might need someone from about 4-630 onwards to help download all the photos from all our cards and help to select a few to be given to the media. Minimum post-processing needed, but speed and a CD writer might be important things to have ;)

So, please pm me if you're interested, and I'll try and respond whenever I get online.

Cheers,

I've never expected so many people to reply! It's amazing.

Anyway, I do apologize if I'm not able to reply to all of you. I gave up after the 15th person messaged me and thought I better write something on the main thread to say that I've gotten enough responses and will be in touch with some of you soon.

Thanks! and Cheers,

And if you can't shoot for the event, I encourage to go on down. You can still shoot, or participate in the run and be shot by us ;)

Photograph for a good case .. :thumbsup:

This year am not sure whether I will be there shooting ?? :dunno: :think:

hmmm... i'm waiting for Yik to call ;)

Hi! Can I have more info on what is required of us, and the itinerary? Also, do pm me the clarification on use of the photos. Thanks :)

melly said:
I'm assembling a team of volunteer photographers for Beyond Social Services, one of the organizers for the Milkrun2006 on 2nd July 2006, Sun.

Milkrun2006 is Beyond's main fundraising event, and sponsors include PSA, Citigroup, ... More information can be found here http://www.milkrun.sg/

Beyond tries to provide disadvantaged kids, youths and families a shot at having a decent life. Their activities and objectives can be found here http://www.beyond.org.sg/Index.asp

I've been a volunteer photographer for Beyond for some time now, and I also did the same for last year as what I will be doing this year. I hope to assemble a dedicated and cheery team of volunteer photographers for this milkrun.

* While this is a public event, and because you're shooting for Beyond, we hope that you won't sell your photos commercially. We hope you will use your discretion to be sensitive to the people Beyond is trying to help. If you need more clarification on the use of photos, please mail me and I'll try to explain in great detail. Beyond will in return, use the photos for their own use - any commercial sale of photos or whatnot will be negotiated with you.

Because I had photographers coming in at different times last year which made planning and execution a nightmare, I hope to get a core team comprising of about 5 photographers who will be with me from 11 - 630pm on that day.

Ideally, you should have a digital camera (they cannot afford to reimburse film costs, unless you're willing to bear your own developing costs and scannin), and

- fun, cheery, good with kids and people
- committed to the date 2nd July 2006 from 11-630pm
- team spirit

Also, I might need someone from about 4-630 onwards to help download all the photos from all our cards and help to select a few to be given to the media. Minimum post-processing needed, but speed and a CD writer might be important things to have ;)

So, please pm me if you're interested, and I'll try and respond whenever I get online.

Cheers,

Hi
Pls include me. Detail as follows:
William Teo HP 8128 0500 jwteo8@gmail.com
Cheers

William

As i miss out the nikon big walk shoot out, i will like to help out at this event.

Email: serchim@yahoo.com
Mobile: 97908586

Meaningful event. Will be there to shoot some action.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.