Will be helping my friend shoot her wedding day
(Yikes,,,and I'm a beginner ! )

Its starts 430 am (make up )
end around 12 pm (dinner over)

Experts can advise:

How to 'tong' ?!! in terms of

1) Stamina

2) Battery power (10D -> BP-511)
Let's assume no chance to recharge battery.
How many would I require ?

Is the battery grip really that advisable ? After all you still have to recharge the BP-511.

wah 19 and a half hours how to tahan?
better get some good sleep the nite before

m..........u take a bit of the bride without make-up first then tell the make-up artist to wake u up when she is done then u take some pics again of her n her 'sisters' and parents (they might 'put the veil on for her')......then wait for the goom downstairs......then......bah bah bah.....u still can afford to sleep during the afternoon if they do not hav any outdoor shoots again..........then u sleep till when they start make-up for the nite dinner la.........oki..................my exp la............make gd use of ur time........u hav to do a bit of traffic control on the day cause there will be some KUKU blocking U....... :D

side topic:

Anyone knows the photograhper who molested the bride ..was a few months back in the papers I think.

Maybe he a senior member in clubsnap !!!! :bigeyes:

:bsmilie: :blah: :bsmilie:

If it's traditional chinese wedding ritual, there should be some break in between during the afternoon period. You should check out all the events from the best man, to find out when it's best to take short breaks and recharge your batteries.

Are you the only photographer or is there another main one?

Agree with roti and Helbreath. know the schedule and the shots that you must not miss. there should be a long break and a few short breaks in between (the bride and groom have to rest too), so take your breaks to recharge.

sleep early before and prepare to sleep one day after. take red bull or chicken essence or other stamina boosting portions that works for you. ;p

Battery power. determine how long you take to drain a full battery with continual shooting and review. then determine how many batteries you will need in the time you are shooting. and get one more as backup.

:bsmilie:

tonging physically sure can one lar!! army that time also like that.. hehe (i assume u guy hor...)

i think it's gotta be more than staying awake. it's always staying alert and not be "sian" of the whole thing, esp towards the end when u just can't wait for it to be over. then u won't be able to shoot well.

i guess if u're really passionate about ur work then this is less likely to happen, so good luck with that!

btw.. i know NUTS about wedding photog, even tho i'm very interested. just giving my 2.5 cents. :embrass:

i would think,

maybe take a look at several wedding photographers' portfolio and sites and choose the style you like...

and also, be the one in control. whatever you feel is not right, make it known and correct it...don't wait in silence only to regret when you are processing the pictures at the end of the day...

myloplex said:
1) Stamina

1. More sleep
2. Red Bull
3. guarana (caffeine pills)
4. Nicotine
5. Vitamin b (according to my mum, doesn't work for me)

myloplex said:

That doesn't sounds too tough, finishing by noon. If you can't "tong" 7.5 hours, you should pass the job to someone else. :p

myloplex said:

Experts can advise:

How to 'tong' ?!! in terms of

1) Stamina

2) Battery power (10D -> BP-511)
Let's assume no chance to recharge battery.
How many would I require ?

Is the battery grip really that advisable ? After all you still have to recharge the BP-511.

Yahoo! Fun! Fun! Fun! I'm game! (0430hrs-0000hrs?)

You'll need lots of spare batteries, let me know if I can be of help to you, OK?

myloplex said:
side topic:

Anyone knows the photograhper who molested the bride ..was a few months back in the papers I think.

err...think not

u should have a break after the tea ceremony at both sides unless they want an outdoor session lor..most of the time,they will be equally tired like u do.u might wanna follow them to the hotel room if they are hosting dinner at one and sleep there.if not,juz go home rest and come back when the make up artist arrive in the evening to take some photo.(usually ard 6pm)
i will list the likely procedures out..
restaurant settings
guest arrival = candid shots + group shots
close up of couples before entering the restaurant
couple walking in photo
cake cutting photo.. + some candids of guest
couple feeding each other.
couple will go change at the 3rd dish and some close-up shots outside
champagne toasting pix
whole family group photo on stage
table shots.
candids of guest leaving..
group photo for both families
ciggy time if u are a smoker..
time to pack up and leave..

hope these helps u mentally prepared for the events.

Hey myloplex,

I dont know whether your batteries will drain first or you :D

Suggest that you bring two sets of batteries for both your cam and flash. Likewise bring two fast chargers and leave the additional set of batteries in the chargers and constantly being charged.

When there is a break, just ascertain the strength of your batteries in your cam and flash whether they need to be replaced.

Even if you are not the main or official photographer, its good to get another to help you as 19 hours in a stretch is really a stretch!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Jay said:
Hey myloplex,

I dont know whether your batteries will drain first or you :D

Suggest that you bring two sets of batteries for both your cam and flash. Likewise bring two fast chargers and leave the additional set of batteries in the chargers and constantly being charged.

When there is a break, just ascertain the strength of your batteries in your cam and flash whether they need to be replaced.

Even if you are not the main or official photographer, its good to get another to help you as 19 hours in a stretch is really a stretch!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

okay thanks man !! :)

myloplex said:
side topic:

if im not wrg, hes one of the freelance photog from In wedding aka Christian Creation... but of cuz.. legal actions had been taken for the above "molest"

Photog's marathon? yeah.. i ever shoot for a Beauty Pageant from 7pm - 2am... depending what u mount on yr camera... i had a grip, lens and flash.. tt cause CRAMP to my fingers after few hours.. perhaps too heavy lah..

as for yr battery? perhaps u shd get a grip.. if canx find... get batteries from East Gear.. for yr 10D, u shd get a BP 511. Sounds familiar? like those doctors at EA.. whats e BP?

LoLx

Gd Luck for yr Wedding... :thumbsup:

i did one recently with the 10D. It was receiving bride, two tea ceremonies, church ceremony and wedding dinner.

i used 3 BP-511s, 20 AAs (550EX), and i also carried an XDrive II as well as a laptop. Total was about 1500 shots, eventually filtered down to about 500.

Most important photog must stay alert. Know what to expect, when to change lenses, keep an eye on battery levels, watch for golden moments, etc. Tiring but fulfilling.

ST1100 said:
i did one recently with the 10D. It was receiving bride, two tea ceremonies, church ceremony and wedding dinner.

i used 3 BP-511s, 20 AAs (550EX), and i also carried an XDrive II as well as a laptop. Total was about 1500 shots, eventually filtered down to about 500.

Most important photog must stay alert. Know what to expect, when to change lenses, keep an eye on battery levels, watch for golden moments, etc. Tiring but fulfilling.

1500 pcitures !! wa !!! :)
err you used a battery grip ?

myloplex said:
1500 pcitures !! wa !!! :)
err you used a battery grip ?

No. Personally can't stand the extra weight. Also, i shoot with the end product in mind and find verticals hard to arrange in the final album. Only shoot vertical when the subject 'demands' it.

Suggest you get someone else to do the night session, or at least get a backup on standby. It won't be nice to goof up if you're really too tired. By the time the couple was saying goodbye at the end of the dinner, my shutter finger was getting cramps. Triggered with middle finger instead.

hm... time to get a Xdrive.... i also gonna shoot for a wedding soon... anyone know where to loan a xdrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.