Photograghic

Status
Not open for further replies.

excelglsi

Deregistered
Oct 11, 2005
CCK-Yew Tee
Photograhic exposure is open to individual interpretation. There is no such thing as correct exposure, merely one faithful to the vision of the photograher when he/she fired the shutter.

Any comment on tat?;)

Of course, but when you're talking about technical terms, proper exposure is capturing as much detail at all levels as much as possible.

If I want a shadow against the sun, or if I want to see the person with the highlights in the bg blown out, the exposure would differ. But obviously somewhere in between would capture not all, but some of both.

There is no such thing as correct exposure....

this applies mainly when the photographer claims to shoot "works of art" , basically it's extreme abstract in my opinion, the value is only placed by the shooter himself/herself, same sentiment is not shared by the general audience.

One can shoot extreme overexposed or underexposed shots, but yet call it art.
It's almost similar to just plain simple p&s, one can still claim ingenuity, as claim it's "art" or "abstract"

Mainstream probably will diss it as rubbish. It's not like B&w, when the contrast between tones is much better appreciated.

Above is my opinion lah. Im not into blatant photography self-praise...so yeah. I still prefer beautiful works over pieces of white or black images, with what seem like stains or dust on them. haaa :bsmilie:

Perhaps someone has examples to show, maybe everybody can further discuss. :thumbsup:

what is correct exposure?

if you shoot a product, eg a can of Coke, the "correct exposure" is what in people mind that a can of Coke suppose to be usually.

other than this, you can use the "intended exposure" to project the mood, the feeling, message to your viewers in your photos.

so the "correct exposure" is the exposure that make the image works, not derive by exposure meter, but the vision/experience of photographer.

but down in cs there will ppl saying this lighting wrong, belong the the trash bin.. etc. Now CS like a ghost town no one dare to post their photo here... so i am askin this question..;p whether is There such tin as as correct exposure... sign

correct exposure? 1/60 at f8 lor.

one of ted orland's photographic truths :angel:

but down in cs there will ppl saying this lighting wrong, belong the the trash bin.. etc. Now CS like a ghost town no one dare to post their photo here... so i am askin this question..;p whether is There such tin as as correct exposure... sign

read somewhere before mentioned a good photo is made up of 15%exposure and 85% composition....yet composition is the hardest to master:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.