photoghraphers stay home when rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi All....

For the sake of all mankind (who are like me on budget).......Here is a simple instruction for a rain coat for your camera......its alittle tune for SLR as the lens is quite long at times.....

Equipment & Stuff:
- Loy tape (not the 3M type at they ar not that flexible)
- Zip loc or equivalent
- Hair band or black rubber band(those like army type)
- penknife or scissors
- patience
- time
- happy mood
- rain.......only to keep you at home for this :eek:)

Okay here is the illustration.....bear with me as it donein MSpaint....my lappy(i call my notebook) is at home with my favorite Corel.....)

54533.jpg

good luck.....

regards,
me

Hi Rochkoh,

I' currently testing out my home made diffuser....but still in test stage....don't are to share with ppl yet.....until the photos are okay with this attachment...i will write up something to share on how to make it.......out from a $1.35 opaque white A4 folder...

Stay tune....

regards,
me

P/s: Have a go on the rain bag....i am sure you will enjoy it....

Sulhan: you the man lah!!! :thumbsup:

Great DIY stuff you have done so far!

how about DIY-ing wireless remote control? :D but seriously if you know how to plan the circuit for RC-3, let me know, I want to try after my exams if its cheap!

Originally posted by sulhan
Hi Rochkoh,

I' currently testing out my home made diffuser....but still in test stage....don't are to share with ppl yet.....until the photos are okay with this attachment...i will write up something to share on how to make it.......out from a $1.35 opaque white A4 folder...

Wow. That would be great. A normal one would cost ard $40 rite?

Originally posted by sulhan
Hi All....

For the sake of all mankind (who are like me on budget).......Here is a simple instruction for a rain coat for your camera......its alittle tune for SLR as the lens is quite long at times.....

Equipment & Stuff:
- Loy tape (not the 3M type at they ar not that flexible)
- Zip loc or equivalent
- Hair band or black rubber band(those like army type)
- penknife or scissors
- patience
- time
- happy mood
- rain.......only to keep you at home for this :eek:)

Okay here is the illustration.....bear with me as it donein MSpaint....my lappy(i call my notebook) is at home with my favorite Corel.....)

54533.jpg

good luck.....

regards,
me

sulhan,

A great idea, I have always wanted to take pictures in the rain. Have test it yet?

:)

Hiee...

I used the camera rain coat to protest the camera from the mist from the waterfalls in Yosemite + drizzling rain......

It works fine.....

Reagrds,
me....

P/S: I juz made version 2 of this rain bag for along lens.......now its fully pressed fused seam = no scotch tape.......used the impulse sealer which is used to seal plastic crackers packs.

hey!
i want to see how to make leh
but picture not showing..
how??

sorry,
old thread but i was searching for info on rainproofing and saw this

sulhan, can trouble u to post the image of your camera in your diy bag?
roughly got your idea but a picture tells a thousand words.

thanks a million

How relevant for this thread to come up now. Was out shooting with a bunch of guys when it poured heavily & my equipment got soaked!

Came home & saw water vapor forming at different 'layers' of the first few front elements!! :bheart: Out came the hair dryer & didn't stop till all the water vapor vanished from the lens. Tested it... seems ok. Now, back in dry box & hope no permanent damage done :dunno:

How relevant for this thread to come up now. Was out shooting with a bunch of guys when it poured heavily & my equipment got soaked!

Came home & saw water vapor forming at different 'layers' of the first few front elements!! :bheart: Out came the hair dryer & didn't stop till all the water vapor vanished from the lens. Tested it... seems ok. Now, back in dry box & hope no permanent damage done :dunno:

Well, some cameras got weather seals, but not lenses. Lenses very vunerable? Better not risk it la.

I guess the seals are good like splash-proof, not good enough for a downpour.

Well, some cameras got weather seals, but not lenses. Lenses very vunerable? Better not risk it la.

I guess the seals are good like splash-proof, not good enough for a downpour.

Equipment has been in dry box for 2 days now... Well put the various parts back together tonight & hope they turn out well.

Was not willing to risk my equipment, but unfortunately downpour happened too suddenly :(.

Equipment has been in dry box for 2 days now... Well put the various parts back together tonight & hope they turn out well.

Was not willing to risk my equipment, but unfortunately downpour happened too suddenly :(.

But then, how long does it take for you to open your cam bag and put the gear in and close it. 5sec, 10sec or 20sec. In that case, every second counts, I guess. :think: :)

In my case, I should be able to do it in less than 5sec - just reverse the lens hood, switch off cam, open the bag and dump the entire thing inside without bordering to cover the front end of the lens, protected by my Hoya HMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.