Photocopier rulez....

My shooting habit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they want to put it like that, i guess every photographer living today is actually only a "photocopier" cos there's nothing out there that hasn't been photographed before

:dunno: :dunno:

Anyhoo, who cares what other people think, I shoot for my own enjoyment, and I share my pics out of my own free will. Don't like my pics, don't see lor ... ;) ;p

Originally posted by Darren
Well, if they want to put it like that, i guess every photographer living today is actually only a "photocopier" cos there's nothing out there that hasn't been photographed before

it is not they , it is only "teddybear" , the topic starter.

Don't have to bother about this guy .

Don't be discourage by him. Shoot whatever you want.

He has some points in there but generally i feel the thread was meant to hit out at his nemesis.

Hahah ... Cheers ! Let's learn together !

Most of the time, I took what ever I wanna take.. But when looking at a object/scene. Similar works by others might pop up in my mind. I maybe not copy exactly that person work but I will take note as what make that pic work. A good pic from the net or book will stay in one's mind.. Given a chance. I will try to fabricate it.

Certain composition proved to work on human's mind eg the rule of third. People have been practising that Hope it's not photocopy in that sense.

Well, part of the joy of photography is to go out there to take photo. So, the resultant pic might not be as impt to some of us.

P.s. I do agreed some of the pic are similar in nature. But we learn by trying similar technique and composition.

Originally posted by Goondu
:rolleyes: Speechless.

:bsmilie:

Yes, I'll shoot whatever I like, as long as I think it's worth shooting.

:heart:

i think the thread starter teddybear was irked by the 'quality' of pics posted after the HWZ BG outing.. http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=373178&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I walked past them during the outing and noticed lots of expensive stuff (compared to say, me starting out with a pentax slr as a beginner), including at least 1 DSLR Yet, I don't think i've seen any decent pics from that outing yet.

compare that to say, clubsnap outings to BG and notice an actual improvement in the quality of insect macros posted on clubsnap....

Originally posted by erwinx
i think the thread starter teddybear was irked by the 'quality' of pics posted after the HWZ BG outing.. http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=373178&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I walked past them during the outing and noticed lots of expensive stuff (compared to say, me starting out with a pentax slr as a beginner), including at least 1 DSLR Yet, I don't think i've seen any decent pics from that outing yet.

compare that to say, clubsnap outings to BG and notice an actual improvement in the quality of insect macros posted on clubsnap....

Most of them are newbies, organised by puppydr to go to BG on that day. The ones with the DSLRs should be Avatar and pyre.

I would not like to comment on their pictures because they are newbies. However, I tink the outing has done more good than bad in this case.

The original thread for those who are interested.

Just my opinion.

what photocopy??
if u can reproduce the shots then good for you. acquiring the base of knowledge is always the easiest way, before moving up or on.
if u can see a shot and instantly know how it is shot, isn't that either a miracle or because you have shot that before?
don't tell me you can carve michaelangelo even if u copy 1:1...

Photocopy... then edit until beyond recognition... then called it yours.... that's what I call PHOTOCOPY! :devil:

Why bother so much about what others said in the other forum... go shoot... shoot more.... and shoot again!

anyone uses a 3 sided wheel? for long? I mean there are certain ways of doing things that "works". experimentation is good but so is trying to copy certain stereotype shots, as they usually encompass what works and what doesn't...
haiz, been telling my fren to try taking stereotype shots for practice.
one can say the good ones are self-taught blah blah but wd they have been as good or better if they had caught the basics early, or since they are talented they wd have gotten there anyway. null argument.

erwinx, with due respect to your POV, I feel there is something you missed. Expensive equipment don't necessarily mean you have to shoot something everytime, all the time. For me, when things don't seem to frame well with what I want to express, I will refrain from hitting the shutter.

Everyone has to start somewhere, my first attempt on photography was with my parents' Konica P&S film camera (don't have the luxury of starting with a SLR). Likewise, most of those who attended are picking up the hobby with the Canon A40 which incidentally was the intended target group for the gathering. Whilst we (I and Pyre) ain't exactly that qualified to mentor anyone nor are we as good as the pros in CS, I think we did what we could to answer all the questions everyone raised.

As for Teddybear's post, I really have nothing more to comment. We (HWZers) know what can we expect from such a personality. Anyway, if you like to know more, the HWZ search function is always there for your reference.

Just voicing out my opinion for the supposingly less-performing group from HWZ's gathering (in case you didn't get the whole picture) :)

Originally posted by Avatar

Whilst we (I and Pyre) ain't exactly that qualified to mentor anyone nor are we as good as the pros in CS, I think we did what we could to answer all the questions they raised.

thats good to hear, hopefully they benefitted from your advice and next time around, will turn in even better shots.

thats good to hear, hopefully they benefitted from your advice and next time around, will turn in even better shots.

Thank you. :)

Actually, in my case, I just related what I picked up so far, it is nothing compared to what you guys can teach but in a way, I think it should do some good. I hope they can pick up the hobby, learn to express with their tools (cams) and keep the spirit of sharing and constructive photography discussions alive. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.