PhotoBlog Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
Hi,

was thinking of starting a photoblog(is there such a thing). basically its like a usual blog site, but then just posting pix and some short thoughts y i took them. not some much of the blah abt how i was feeling that day etc.

basically, qt fed up with having just a online photo gallery.

is there anyone who knows where i can create one for fee or a small fee?

hello!

if u have ur own webspace, u could try the one im using... its called nucleuscms or something like tt.. another alternative is moveabletype... both are free to install to your own webspace (needs php and mysql (for nucleuscms)) although you would need to modify the files slightly to get the photoblog-like look/functionality.

wainism said:
Hi,

was thinking of starting a photoblog(is there such a thing). basically its like a usual blog site, but then just posting pix and some short thoughts y i took them. not some much of the blah abt how i was feeling that day etc.

basically, qt fed up with having just a online photo gallery.

is there anyone who knows where i can create one for fee or a small fee?

How about multiply.com?

Using it now. Very good. Unlimited storage space for photos.
But den they restrict u 150 photo uploads a month.

just started a blog on blogger.com

but now i need a host for my pictures. my criteria wld be to have unlimited postings of photos(erm, downsized pics are ok). ppl shd be allowed to download from the site too.

have tried Hello offered on blogger.com, but dun really know how it works man

wainism said:
just started a blog on blogger.com

but now i need a host for my pictures. my criteria wld be to have unlimited postings of photos(erm, downsized pics are ok). ppl shd be allowed to download from the site too.

have tried Hello offered on blogger.com, but dun really know how it works man
flickr works well with blogger, i.e. you can house your photos on flickr and link/display them on your blogger site.

I support flickr.com as well. Theres even a desktop upload tool, making it rather convienent. Furthermore, it uses your Yahoo! login since mid-this year.

okie swee...

will try it

hi,

have set up and uploaded to flickr.com

however, how do i link it to display it on other sites? ie like if i wanna link it to display on CS?

wainism said:
hi,

have set up and uploaded to flickr.com

however, how do i link it to display it on other sites? ie like if i wanna link it to display on CS?

Open the image you want on flickr, click + All Sizes, and refer to the "To link to this photo on other websites you can either:" section, and the links there. :thumbsup:

I use PixelPost, www.pixelpost.org

Provided you have your own webspace and mysql access.

Status
Not open for further replies.