PhotoAid XX: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone has any recommendations for a light tripod? I don't want to carry my manfrotto up a mountain already :( so heavy...

CF tripods seem to meet my weight requirements of < 1.4 kg

anyone has any recommendations for a light tripod? I don't want to carry my manfrotto up a mountain already :( so heavy...

CF tripods seem to meet my weight requirements of < 1.4 kg

loan you mine - gitzo, don't know what model. but you need to bring your own head.

Sjourn, u in US huh? Can help mi buy some toys for Summer? NT FOR EVQ.....NO TOY FOR EVQ liao...ALL TOYS R FOR MY SUMMER NW....:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: But sssshhh..... dun let EVQ know...Nw US rate veri low leh....gd buy in US....;p

macbook pro is cheap in US, it will be good for Summer.

loan you mine - gitzo, don't know what model. but you need to bring your own head.
thanks jopel, but gitzo expensive la and I most prob bringing overseas for rugged use, so probably getting one myself :)

other than gitzo any other recommendations? gitzo traveller ex man :(

how rugged, better than gathering dusts. you got pm.

Sjourn, u in US huh? Can help mi buy some toys for Summer? NT FOR EVQ.....NO TOY FOR EVQ liao...ALL TOYS R FOR MY SUMMER NW....:bsmilie::bsmilie:bsmilie: But sssshhh..... dun let EVQ know...Nw US rate veri low leh....gd buy in US....;p

Har...u wanna buy lens and cameras for summer liao...:bsmilie:

Morning from Austin..very cool here

thanks jopel, but gitzo expensive la and I most prob bringing overseas for rugged use, so probably getting one myself :)

other than gitzo any other recommendations? gitzo traveller ex man :(

calculate what's the heaviest setup load you need to put on a tripod when you go overseas. if you're not a nature geek, you probably aren't going to bring big long lenses, so your heaviest setup might just be very light and you can just go for one that comes with the tripod head attached. that might help you widen your option to some cheaper CF tripods.

calculate what's the heaviest setup load you need to put on a tripod when you go overseas. if you're not a nature geek, you probably aren't going to bring big long lenses, so your heaviest setup might just be very light and you can just go for one that comes with the tripod head attached. that might help you widen your option to some cheaper CF tripods.
yep yep my set up gonna be light, most prob a UWA and camera body only. Cos maybe hiking mt fuji in july :p

Im looking for those short folded length and light so i can hook onto my bag or fit into luggage bag. My manfrotto 190 too heavyy

yep yep my set up gonna be light, most prob a UWA and camera body only. Cos maybe hiking mt fuji in july :p

Im looking for those short folded length and light so i can hook onto my bag or fit into luggage bag. My manfrotto 190 too heavyy

190 is heavy? :what:

anyway your choices should be pretty wide. hiking in july? i might have time :D

190 is heavy? :what:

anyway your choices should be pretty wide. hiking in july? i might have time :D
yaa! 190 very heavy leh! its like 4kg when I weighed it at the airport last time round haha.

not confirmed whether will be hiking in Fuji but probably will :) Will update you.

This time should be going from 30 June - 14 July. Tentatively is this time frame. The weather very hot right?

yaa! 190 very heavy leh! its like 4kg when I weighed it at the airport last time round haha.

not confirmed whether will be hiking in Fuji but probably will :) Will update you.

This time should be going from 30 June - 14 July. Tentatively is this time frame. The weather very hot right?

yes, very hot.

hiking is usually overnight, so that can see sunrise in morning. but mountain top is quite chilly in night and early morning.

please lor, i was going around with 055ProB with 488RC0

what is the folded lenght of your gitzo?
if small enough, can sell to me?

me not selling, uncle still travel with it. but anytime you need it, it is just a phone call away.

as for the size no idea will check tomorrow. it is in the office.

btw I am going to malacca in june and
i will have at least half a day to shoot by myself

any tips on what and where to shoot?

yes, very hot.

hiking is usually overnight, so that can see sunrise in morning. but mountain top is quite chilly in night and early morning.

please lor, i was going around with 055ProB with 488RC0
then gotta bring protective clothing.. geez gotta bring so much things up, i heard the things up there cannot buy one, very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.