Photo with/without flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongwei

Nov 9, 2006
I need some comments from forummers here. There's nothing special about these photos, I am just testing on my flash (Nikon SB600) and 3rd party diffuser.
There are 2 photos here:

without diffuser
DSC_5934_1.jpg

with diffuser
DSC_5935_1.jpg

which one looks more natural, which one is better?

Please comment ...

Thanks in advance.

I liked the first, particularly for the reflections on the watch, and looks more natural to me.

Note that your white balance is different - but some prefer colour casts as it is more natural to them

yup, since thread is about testing of equipment, it is now moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk from Critique Corner.

I need some comments from forummers here. There's nothing special about these photos, I am just testing on my flash (Nikon SB600) and 3rd party diffuser.
There are 2 photos here:

without flash
DSC_5934_1.jpg

with flash
DSC_5935_1.jpg

which one looks more natural, which one is better?

Please comment ...

Thanks in advance.

The WB is different in both pics.. how to compare?? Flash WB is normally more true to the correct colour but may not be what you see at the moment due to a warmer or cooler light lighting up the scene.

When doing testing shots try to keep variables constant.... turning off AWB would be a good start.

Thanks for all the reply ....
First of all, sorry for posting at the wrong thread, will take note of this in future.
Secondly, I must really apologise, cos I have describe wrong information to you guys. Probably becos too kan cheong to finish up the work. Sorry:eek:
It should not be with or without flash ... it should be with and without diffuser :bigeyes:
I managed to borrow a 3rd party diffuser from my friend to try on the effect.
The first pic is without the diffuser cap on and the second pic is with the diffuser cap on.
Is it because I fix my WB to auto, causes the WB for my 2 pics to be different when use with and without diffuser cap?
My question is am I doing the right thing to compare in this way?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.