Photo Trip: Cambodia

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Anyone interested to join me in a 4 days trip to Combodia? Fly straight to Siem Reap to see Angor Wat via Silkair. Depart on Wed and come back by Saturday. End this month or early next month. Wanted to Depavali and Hari Raya period but I think the flights are fully booked.

weekh said:
Anyone interested to join me in a 4 days trip to Combodia? Fly straight to Siem Reap to see Angor Wat via Silkair. Depart on Wed and come back by Saturday. End this month or early next month. Wanted to Depavali and Hari Raya period but I think the flights are fully booked.

If u can wait until Jan 2006, i am interested.
This year i burnt all my leave liao :(

Interested, but probably not this or next month due to work. Have a good trip!

weekh said:
Wanted to Depavali and Hari Raya period but I think the flights are fully booked.

No other alternative airlines to get there? Transit by KL, Bangkok or Jarkata?

Free & Easy by Silkair to Siem Reap.

3 Star Hotel, 15 mins from Angor Wat.

Wed Dep 2.30pm
Sat Returning 4.30pm

Cost $428 excluding taxes.

Thinking for going on 9th Nov and return on the 12th.

Anyone departing next Friday? I'm going there next Friday till Monday, Silkair direct to Siam Reap.

clicknick said:
No other alternative airlines to get there? Transit by KL, Bangkok or Jarkata?

No use. The alternative airlines all super-ex, and rather dubious. Presidential Scarelines and Bangkok Airways duopoly.

I took the road to Siem Reap, from Bangkok instead! It was a bone-tingling road trip, to say the least. But Angkor is beautiful, I think spending sunset at Phnom Bakheng is better than going to Angkor Wat itself. And Ta Prohm and Bayon (the other Angkor temples) are, IMHO, much more photogenic than Angkor Wat.

snowspeeder said:
It's also one of my dream destinations, but my pocket also does not allow me. :cry:

I thought so also, since I'm a poor student with hardly any salary. But I went to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap on a really tight budget! Cos I went by road.

Airfare SG to Bangkok - $130 (jetstar)
Bus to thai/cambo border - <$10
Taxi from cambo border into phnom penh - $30 (only cos we booked the whole back seat so it was $30 each)

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap - US$4 (bus)
Siem Reap to Thai border - US$4
Thai border to bangkok - S$4

Not so bad right?

Can read www.talesofasia.com for more on how to do that. =) And it's not as unsafe as people think it is. I went with another friend, just two of us girls, 20 years old. No problem at all. Staying at a decent place in Cambodia is only like US$14 a night, and quite luxuriously already - with air con and toilet and decent neighbourhood.

skinnylatte said:
I thought so also, since I'm a poor student with hardly any salary. But I went to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap on a really tight budget! Cos I went by road.

Airfare SG to Bangkok - $130 (jetstar)
Bus to thai/cambo border - <$10
Taxi from cambo border into phnom penh - $30 (only cos we booked the whole back seat so it was $30 each)

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap - US$4 (bus)
Siem Reap to Thai border - US$4
Thai border to bangkok - S$4

Not so bad right?

Can read www.talesofasia.com for more on how to do that. =) And it's not as unsafe as people think it is. I went with another friend, just two of us girls, 20 years old. No problem at all. Staying at a decent place in Cambodia is only like US$14 a night, and quite luxuriously already - with air con and toilet and decent neighbourhood.

Your adventurous nature is highly commendable!
If my kakis are willing, I will no doubt consider such options too in the future.

snowspeeder said:
Your adventurous nature is highly commendable!
If my kakis are willing, I will no doubt consider such options too in the future.

Can also consider going to Laos through Bangkok. Had some photographer friends who went recently, inclusive of airfare, shopping and accommodation in Bangkok, going to Laos for a week only set them back S$500?!

Heard Laos is beautiful, with that kind of old world charm you don't see anywhere else in SEasia anymore.

:) Happy travelling!

i like it. how to contact with silk air? how to get this price?

if tax included, how much for total for one person?

weekh said:

How about going during the Xmas period???
If so, I'll definitely join in!!

There is a special promotion at Air Asia that flys to Phnom Penh for RM$99 (one way). From Phnom Penh we can fly to Siem Reap via Cambodia Air for around USD$50-70.

Damien said:
How about going during the Xmas period???
If so, I'll definitely join in!!

I will probably be interested if it is during the Xmas period.

Christmas period will be more expensive leh...also more crowded. I will prefer the week of Nov 7 or Nov 14, cause my gf not in Singapore :cheergal:

Status
Not open for further replies.