Photo transfers to PC

Whitestallion

Feb 18, 2011
JB and Singapore
Which method is easier/better/faster?

Direct connection between DSLR and PC via USB cable

OR

Remove memory card and place into card reader?

Pls do not discuss wireless transfer as its not in the topic. Thanks for all feedbacks! :)

i personally thing, removing memory card and place into card reader is much faster because my table is small to put my dslr

Use the USB, until it spoils.
Eject and plug the card too many times.. maybe will spoil the card or the card reader faster.

card reader.
I hate having to open the side flap and connect a cable to the camera.
Furthermore, all you need is to accidentally pull the cable when doing something, and there goes your camera, off the table... :sweat:

Depends on the camera model too. Some are incredibly slooooooow at being a USB host.

card reader.
I hate having to open the side flap and connect a cable to the camera.
Furthermore, all you need is to accidentally pull the cable when doing something, and there goes your camera, off the table... :sweat:

i personally thing, removing memory card and place into card reader is much faster because my table is small to put my dslr

i see something in common here:cool:mine is placed flat on the floor as i've hooked up the cpu to the main LCD in living room

using card reader is the way to go, download images faster and free your camera for other use, not to mention save camera battery as well.

some people worries about the camera memory card slot will spoil if plug in and unplug too frequent, this is over concern, I have being doing this for the past and current 5 DSLR bodies, total 12 pieces of memory cards, have no issue at all.

i see something in common here:cool:.....

Yes, we all need bigger tables... :)
Have knocked into the cable before. Though camera moved barely an inch (thus still safely on table), it was still an unpleasant memory. So will stick with card readers.

did that to my point and shoot before ... snagged the cable while going to the loo ...

now i use the built in card reader and put the camera back in the bag.

someone should come up with a camera desk stand! :D :D :D

jokes aside, thanks to catchlights for the assurance of pulling in and out of the slots. I had that concern.

Card reader only. Simply faster in transfer.