Photo Tips for Eastern Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie_genie

Mar 17, 2006
Western Singapore
Hi everyone,

I kinda like the way you chat here, anything under the sun goes. So friendly, fun and frank.

Anyway, I am booked on a tour to Eastern Europe. Am going with a packaged tour cos most of these countries don't speak English. I will depart on 5th June. Just wondering any of you brothers have been to any of these Easter European cities ((Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague, then Berlin). Any photos or tips to share? Like scrary traveller tales or interesting experiences.

Want to go before all of these countries start using the Euro next year 2007. Am flying KLM, anyone has any comments on that? Heard that there isn't a personal entertainment screen onboard, what am I going to do during the 16-17 hour flight, I dunno...;p

Of those cities mentioned, I have only been to Vienna twice. Have not had the misfortune of encountering something scary there. Pretty safe and even my Austrian friends can vouch for it. Vienna is a very beautiful city with lotsa old buildings and you will have plenty of pictures to take. The vicinity of St Stephen Cathedral is very popular with tourists and very beautiful. I remember one of the pubs I visited which was situated in the lower basement of a very old building. The foundation dated back to somewhere in the year 1100. I will probably be touring Austria again this fall.

For photography, if you are into landscape, you will probably need a wide angle lens. My last trip, a few years back while capturing on film, I discovered that even my 28mm was not wide enough to photography some of the old buildings. I wished I had an UWA lens with me at that time. Well, my next trip I will definitely bring along my ultra wide.

pixie_genie said:
Hi everyone,

I kinda like the way you chat here, anything under the sun goes. So friendly, fun and frank.

Anyway, I am booked on a tour to Eastern Europe. Am going with a packaged tour cos most of these countries don't speak English. I will depart on 5th June. Just wondering any of you brothers have been to any of these Easter European cities ((Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague, then Berlin). Any photos or tips to share? Like scrary traveller tales or interesting experiences.

Want to go before all of these countries start using the Euro next year 2007. Am flying KLM, anyone has any comments on that? Heard that there isn't a personal entertainment screen onboard, what am I going to do during the 16-17 hour flight, I dunno...;p
After takeoff, take off ur shoes and Zzz....

i'll be heading for moscow, st petersburg, warsaw, krakow and prague in june....

prague, from the pictures i've seen.. is extremely beautiful.. can't wait man!

I hope you have a good trip dude!!!!! and share with us some pictures!!!

you going with a travel group eh? it shouldn't be too bad then...

Status
Not open for further replies.