Photo taking of government building

09takashi

Nov 8, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Is there a law in Singapore which forbid photo taking of government building from public area? I was ask to delete away all the photo I took from cantonment complex.

Is there a law in Singapore which forbid photo taking of government building from public area? I was ask to delete away all the photo I took from cantonment complex.
isn't it Police Cantonment Complex?

what is your intentions of taking photos of this building? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

My old house was right at police cantonment complex. I came to back to visit the old place. Took some photo of the place I used to grow up and play. All photo I took was at completing on the building only 1/3 of the photo show the building.

then look for an angle that does not include include the complex loh.

Fetish for policeman! ok what i take portrait of pimp and policeman before ..

stand far far away to shoot lor. like at pearl centre or something. its like what army always say. u can do anything but dun get caught.

It not weather you stand far or near the place, but weather my action was right or wrong.
Anyway if i going to post online with the photo I take, will the law come after me?
and also the was not sign around the complex to tell the public not to take photo.

wellllllllllll..... consult a lawyer tbh. we arent qualified to tell u actually.

or check with a police station. they are friendly chatty ppl (as in seriously. nice ppl. provided u dun do anything stupid)

Not very sure on this as well.
But there was once about 4-5years back when I just started, I was shooting around the Parliament House at night with a friend. and was approached by the police guards there to ask me to delete photos of the building.
I asked if we were not allowed to take photos of the building, and was told that we could, but only restricted to ONE angle. *Not sure how accurate is it though

isn't it Police Cantonment Complex?
what is your intentions of taking photos of this building? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I live around that area, I think if the reflections were captured nicely, it could turn out to be a nice photo, due to all the glass panels. have not try it before though

Last edited:
Legally speaking, as long as you are standing in a public place, no one has that right to do that.

But buildings like police station, army camp are considered sensitive area, by your look the policeman can't tell you are an innocent photographer or terrorist right?

Last edited:
Let's see...

Chapter 143: Internal Security Act

Chapter 213: Official Secrets Act

Chapter 256: Protected Areas and Protected Places Act

... take your pick. ;p

Anyway with all the No Photography and No Video Taking signs along the perimeter of Cantonment Complex, isn't it obvious enough?

Take it in such a way it doesnt look like a police complex yet capture the essence of it .. that depend on how U as a photographer play it .. and seriously f**k the rules ..

Why not? Wikipedia already had a photo of it...

He just ask you to delete the photos, luck,, never ask you to join him in the complex... easy few hours of questioning and waiting