Photo Taking at Changi Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopiko79

Nov 22, 2009
East
Hi All,

Am intending to go to Changi Airport to take photos but am not sure if photography is allowed at the gallery havent ben there in years ... :eek: so not sure after sep 11 whether they beef up security measure and restrict photography to only the departure halls

Also can advise which areas are gd for photography if actually can take photo
- terminal 1 (where?)
- terminal 2 (where?)
- terminal 3 (where?)

Thks Guys :thumbsup:

isn't the gallery being renovating?

Haven't seen any restrictions there. An airport is naturally a place where lot's of pictures are taken. Restricting this would definitely screw the high ranking that Changi gets in customer surveys. I even see people snapping away in the security area.
Your question about locations is pointless as long as you don't state what you intend to shoot. Walk around, open your eyes and your mind and you'll find good places and good subjects everywhere.

if u are alone, they might stop u. i called them up before regarding taking of photos. they said i need to get permission to do it.

if u are alone, they might stop u. i called them up before regarding taking of photos. they said i need to get permission to do it.

Nothing. I went around alone, taking pictures from all kinds of objects: ceiling, lamps, installations, even the entrance to security area. But that was 1 year ago. Maybe now they have increased the alert level of all paranoid androids with walkie-talkie.

Nothing. I went around alone, taking pictures from all kinds of objects: ceiling, lamps, installations, even the entrance to security area. But that was 1 year ago. Maybe now they have increased the alert level of all paranoid androids with walkie-talkie.

i wanted to go to T3 end 2008 to grab some shots but i thought i called them up to make sure. i spoke to a lady who told me i need to get permission but anyway as long as u think u can get away with it ... :dunno:

couple of weeks ago, I took some photos at T1, T2 and T3, with tripod set up. nobody bother me.

btw, strictly no photo taking at custom areas, be it at airport, causeway, train station or jetty.

i wanted to go to T3 end 2008 to grab some shots but i thought i called them up to make sure. i spoke to a lady who told me i need to get permission but anyway as long as u think u can get away with it ... :dunno:

I guess if you ask them they will always insist on some permission, makes them feel important. Or they suspected you will do more than just walking around with your camera. But since catchlights wasn't even bothered when using a tripod I ... :dunno:

dont need. Just dont be attention grabing n cause a nuisance to others. =)

By protocol, they need to inform that permission is required.

In real life, thousands upon thousands of passengers and visitors filter through the facility every day, and the majority will take photos of all kinds.

Imagine the administrative nightmare they have to face to enforce the ruling, or if everyone started writing in asking for permission. :sweat:

I guess if you ask them they will always insist on some permission, makes them feel important. Or they suspected you will do more than just walking around with your camera. But since catchlights wasn't even bothered when using a tripod I ... :dunno:

true. its do what u want, just don't get caught mindset i guess. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.