Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfong

Dec 4, 2007
Will the Security stop you from taking photos in these areas?

Public assessable areas at the Airport, probably no problem, but inside or of the outsides of MRT stations MRT personnell will usually stop you ... unless you look like a tourist taking snapshots. I've even seen a touristy person take a video in full sight of station control, and an MRT personnel walk right by that person and did not even blink an eye-lid.

You can't take photos in the airport past the security checkpoint I think. The public areas can. But it generally helps if you are using a PnS and look like a tourist.

Just wondering... where exactly is it stated in MRTs that photo taking is not allowed?
If it's not officially stated, what gives the MRT security the right to bar pple from doing so?

Public assessable areas at the Airport, probably no problem, but inside or of the outsides of MRT stations MRT personnell will usually stop you ... unless you look like a tourist taking snapshots. I've even seen a touristy person take a video in full sight of station control, and an MRT personnel walk right by that person and did not even blink an eye-lid.

They are practising double standard.

Last edited:
Just wondering... where exactly is it stated in MRTs that photo taking is not allowed?
If it's not officially stated, what gives the MRT security the right to bar pple from doing so?

Got. I saw a sign somewhere.Can't remember where though. Will try to take photo of the sign when I get a chance

due to security issues which they are afraid that u r a scout for terrorist groups. u might recee the area for a ploted attack.

rmb the yishun MRT station incident a few years back?

due to security issues which they are afraid that u r a scout for terrorist groups. u might recee the area for a ploted attack.

rmb the yishun MRT station incident a few years back?

yea. and yea again, i believe its been stated in the papers before and you'll see the sign these somewhere (if you look hard enough :bsmilie:)

yea. and yea again, i believe its been stated in the papers before and you'll see the sign these somewhere (if you look hard enough :bsmilie:)

Thats the problem. I see the obvious signs for NO FOOD and such, but if there is a sign for no photo taking (which I believe there is, since some of u have seen it)... it's definitely nowhere as obviously stated! Now... that's not really fair, isn't it?

I mean, if you wanna bar something, at least make it obvious! :dunno:

i read in a UK magazine before, that it is actually okie for ppl to take pics in the stations, as long as they ensure the pics dun end up on the internet or dun be circulated...nonetheless, when i went for a holiday over there in june, the ppl did stop me.......too bad i only read about that a few months after...

maybe its the same here...?that by rite can...just tt ........there's a misconception, and the staff just over do it...

I've snapped plenty of shots in the airport, so far, no issues unless you're taking photos of the entrances/exits and restricted areas....

MRT's, I think they are practising quite a bit on the double standards by targetting the DSLR users... those using pns, handphones are not disturbed at all...

maybe we can use hp or PNS to snap a shoot then photoshop it lor.. thats the only way out..

Can do anything but don't get caught! ;)

thats so difficult. in an open area n u r holding a dslr pointing at the station, how can they dun notice u?

maybe we can use hp or PNS to snap a shoot then photoshop it lor.. thats the only way out..

Hullo, using a P&S or HP camera (while it can get good results), then photoshop-ing the image, will definitely not magically improve the quality of the image.

I believe this issue has been discussed before - a search in the forums may prove useful :)

Ya, if you look like a tourist, usually they will not stop you. Took photos in 'restricted' (for photos) in airport. but we were a big group, and we did not know. only after we took so many group photos, then we saw the sign. Well no one stopped us.

That was in london.

recently i've been shooting at pasir ris mrt as early as 6.40am when the crowds left and i shot about 8 shots i think, so far there's no one on duties to check.

so the best thing is do want you want but don't get caught is enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.