Photo storage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but if DVD are unreliable, i am not sure what is... online storage?

I thought of online storage but will it be too slow and troublesome? :dunno:

I thought of online storage but will it be too slow and troublesome? :dunno:

People do recommend tape backups as the most reliable... and that's really, slow. :)

I think a couple of external hard disks is probably a good back up method. Raid 5 is overkill for someone looking to just store their photos.

Hi, another suggestion how about Drobo Storage. Im using it for almost a year, very easy to use and have back up capability.
this storage using Beyond NAS technology. so you don't need to care about technical stuff how to backup and upgrade etc.
the system will do everything necessary for you in the background.
check it at this site http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo.php

One should always know at least a bit about the technical stuffs. Helps a lot in case of system failures. BeyondRAID sounds like a marketing and sales pitch for Logical Volume Management. Nothing new, already in use with proper Unix systems since years. IT managers will not even give a damn about such funny boxes. When you have an IT manager in a company then data are worth more than consumer enclosures with funny marketing terms.

I keep two copies of all photos of mine that I keep long-term: optical media + HDD. All are RAW files; I don't keep the JPG equivalents but my Flickr album holds those.

Status
Not open for further replies.