Photo Stitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamade

Jun 19, 2003
West
gallery.ta-ma-de.org
Was trying out the photo stitching feature of Photoshop Elements 2, didn't seem to work well at all. I'd 3 sets done, 2 using a tripod, 1 on a table in fact, the other on a not so flat stone bench. However, the software can't seems to be able to 'stitch' them together properly.

Anyone with any better recommendations of photo stitching software to use? Or is PS Elements the best around?

My photos seem not to be on the same height level although I used a tripod & put it on flat surface. Anyone could share some hints on how to improve on this area?

yup, panorama factory is good, idiot proof and feature rich at the same time.

just tried panorama factory. the output isn't any better. guess its my input that is lousy then :embrass:

thanks for the suggestion & yeah, it sure is easy to use panorama factory! :thumbsup:

tamade said:
just tried panorama factory. the output isn't any better. guess its my input that is lousy then :embrass:

thanks for the suggestion & yeah, it sure is easy to use panorama factory! :thumbsup:

Keep trying, post more pics! ;p

:gbounce:

tamade said:

If panorama factory cannot stitch your need , I think no other program can do better

... could it be ur shots are not well taken ? oops .. sound offensive ..

can you post ur shots to let us see 1st ?

StreetShooter said:
Just curious, can it do QTVR interactive panorama?
Thinking of doing one of my toilet.

Thanks.

Toilet? :sweat:

StreetShooter said:
Just curious, can it do QTVR interactive panorama?
Thinking of doing one of my toilet.

Thanks.
yes you can ... but those stitching programs tt support multiple layers and fisheye are very expensive ....

see this site
http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/oxfordtour/canon10dthumbs/canon10d.htm#

posted the only set of panoramic photo that i managed to stitch, the other 2 sets were too lousy. think its my shots that are lousy, could be because they couldn't align reasonably vertically.

hosted the photos on my own webserver, so not sure if it could be displayed properly :embrass:

do give me your comments pls, thanks :D

tamade said:
posted the only set of panoramic photo that i managed to stitch, the other 2 sets were too lousy. think its my shots that are lousy, could be because they couldn't align reasonably vertically.

hosted the photos on my own webserver, so not sure if it could be displayed properly :embrass:

err .. the links are down

Canon's stiching program can do QTVR..

tamade said:

next time try taking photos with more overlap, that will greatly facilitate stitching.

I can only see one possible panoramic photo but it is too small to comment whether the stitching is done well. Can you post a larger photo?

sure

Guilin View.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.