Photo stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent

Dec 23, 2004
Hi, how can i find out what are the cam stats used to take a photo

ie shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc?

can us EXIF viewer....
but actually u right click the jpeg file, select the summary tab, then click the advance button.

can see also

Virutally every image viewer (and even the windows explorer interface) allows you to access basic EXIF info like camera make/model + exposure settings. There shouldn't be a problem locating the info even if you do not use any image editing/management software (which is very rare considering every camera comes with some form of software other than the driver).

zcwnfx said:
can us EXIF viewer....
but actually u right click the jpeg file, select the summary tab, then click the advance button.

can see also
oic...thanks!

Are you talking about viewing the EXIF of the pictures on your own storage or on the internet browser (such as IE or Firefox)?

For internet browser. download the install this free EXIF viewer : http://www.opanda.com/

After installation, you would be able to see the EXIF (if they're present) of pictures posted on the internet by right click and then selecting the Opanda EXIF viewer.

no need install any software on window XP can view liao.

but not the full EXIF....

but things like shutter, focal length, aperture are all present....

other info as well

zcwnfx said:
no need install any software on window XP can view liao.

but not the full EXIF....

but things like shutter, focal length, aperture are all present....

other info as well

If I'm not wrong, for pictures posted on internet forums, if you just use your windows XP, you need to save the picture in your HDD/storage device before you can check on the EXIF.

I find this troublesome and therefore have installed opanda so that when I see pictures posted in internet forums, all I need to do is to right click on the picture in my internet browser (such as IE or Firefox) and view the EXIF directly without needing to save it into my storage device (although the picture is actually in my internet browser temporary folder).

For your own pictures already saved on your storage device or internet pictures saved on your storage, you can of course just use the Windows XP and check the EXIF from the picture's properties.

Opanda in action (viewing the EXIF of a picture posted in clubsnap forum) :

opanda01km7.jpg

opanda02te8.jpg

oh, yeah lah....

my trick only work for pictures stored locally. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.