Photo software DxO

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
DxO has been mentioned by our guru Ken Rockwell. Seems to be a wonderful software.

Anyone has tried it before? How good is it?

When I have more time, and when there's nothing much to shoot, I might wanna to download a trial copy and play with it.:think:

Its good.

You can see what it does to your pictures here.

DXO offering a trial use too, but for supported camera and lens only, eg the 350D or the D50-D80s.

I can replicate DXO lighting effects using PS' Shadow/Highlight but cannot get as optimal as what their algorithm does automatically.

Try it and you will know what I mean.

Its good.

You can see what it does to your pictures here.

DXO offering a trial use too, but for supported camera and lens only, eg the 350D or the D50-D80s.

I can replicate DXO lighting effects using PS' Shadow/Highlight but cannot get as optimal as what their algorithm does automatically.

Try it and you will know what I mean.
Thanks espion. OK, I will download the trial version to test it out when I got a little bit more time.

I wonder how user friendly it is. BTW, are you a Spy?? :bsmilie:

I wonder how user friendly it is.

It's about as user-friendly as any pro photography application out there (Apple Aperture, Adobe Lightroom). In DxO Optics Pro, you work on projects. The basic work flow is:

1. Open a (new) project.
2. Select images to process. Originals are never modified, only references will be stored in the project, not actual image files.
3. DxO works in 3 modes - Auto, Guided or Expert. Depending on which mode you're using, differing amount of manual work is require for enhancement.
4. Once you're done with enhancement settings, you apply the settings in a batch process to apply and output the images. Output can be in JPG, TIF and/or DNG format, you can even output in different size/quality for each format at the same time.
5. Use the built-in viewer to see before/after comparisons.

A single licence allows you to install in a desktop and laptop. Available for Windows and Mac, the desktop and laptop can even be different OS. I'm running it on a Windows PC and a Mac laptop. :D

One catch - make sure your camera and lenses are supported before buying!

I use it with Canon 5D and several supported lenses and so far been very impressed on the results using Auto and Guided modes. Use expert mode so far only with Filmpack which itself is pretty useful plug-in.
Would certainly recommend it - especially if you process batches of similar shoots.
Find I use it for all my B&W stuff.
Also use it on my XP desktop and Mac laptop - nice that they allow 2 installs.

I use it with Canon 5D and several supported lenses and so far been very impressed on the results using Auto and Guided modes. Use expert mode so far only with Filmpack which itself is pretty useful plug-in.
Would certainly recommend it - especially if you process batches of similar shoots.
Find I use it for all my B&W stuff.
Also use it on my XP desktop and Mac laptop - nice that they allow 2 installs.

hiz,

How come DXO doesnt support Olympus dSLR de? except for one prosumer...

hiz,

How come DXO doesnt support Olympus dSLR de? except for one prosumer...
Cos DxO dun have the lens data.

They got Nikon's and Canon's as DXO were engaged to do lens testing for them, and, I suppose, had an agreement that they can use these data; and this is how DXO have put the data to commercial use.

Understand that this is Frenchie Technologie, just like Angenieux lenses, Frenchie Cappie :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.