Photo size varies in Canon A40

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alex76

Hi,

I've set my cam resolution to M (1024x768), but y all the photo taken were in different size? not to mention about the file size.
PLs help

Thanks

file size will differ cos the information you've captured is different.
unless you are talking about same place sam time and file size differ :)

jpg compression results in different file size for different scenes.

anyway, at 1024x768, don't expect great 4R prints.

yes, I know file size will varies, but what about pic resolution? how come some bigger, some smaller, when I already set resolution in setup to be 1024x728?
thanks again

JPEG compression results in different sized files, depending on the complexity of the image.

Take a picture of a blank white wall, and the compressed file will be smaller than a compressed file of a more complexed subject such as a colourful scenery.

The resolution remains unchanged.

Originally posted by alex76
yes, I know file size will varies, but what about pic resolution? how come some bigger, some smaller, when I already set resolution in setup to be 1024x728?
thanks again
Are you using digital zoom? I don't have an A40, but many digicams' implementation of digital zoom is simply a crop of their images.

I didn't use any didgital zoom, only optical zoom.

Again, I understand y file size change, can't understand y resolution change too, some pic big, some pic small

Are you saying that setting the camera to shoot at 1024X768, you are getting pictures of other resolutions than 1024X768?

I am curious about this issue. What kind of resolutions are you getting?

yup, I think when I zoom (optical), it will give me new resolution

i'm curious too.
What other resolutions are you getting then instead of the original setting ?

Any sample pics with exif info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.