Photo Shootout on 27 Feb 2010 - Models, Sports Cars

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

We always wanna organize a model shootout for Pentaxians, but our pretty lady Pentax users are just too shy to be our models :( Ended up we only shoot either street or our mother natures for our gatherings.

SLR Revolution, one of the fav stores here for Pentax stuff, is inviting Pentaxians for a model/sports car shoot out after CNY. Here is the details:

Date: 27 Feb 2010 (Sat.)
Time: 0830 - 1130 including 1/2hr break
Event: Photo shoot with 3 sports cars and 5 models in 2 dress codes
Cost: FREE

This is by invitation only event, so better contact the organizer and see how to enroll:

SLR Revolution
Addr. Funan Digitalife Mall, #05-K7
Tel:63368767
Email: jasonslr.revo@gmail.com

If you are interested in this shootout, please contact SLR Rev directly. Don't put your name here 'cause I'm not responsible for this event. I'm just sharing what I heard when I was there yesterday to buy some stuff from there :D

Cheers and Happy Shooting!

Very tempting. Must hurry up and finish my DIY umbrella softbox. :bsmilie:

But actually, I don't really fancy model shoots because of the typical perceived outlook. However, it is a really good opportunity to practice my strobing. Arghhh!! :confused:

Anyway, any idea on the photographer to model ratio? And it's exclusive to Pentaxians only?

Wa great. Can shoot like this liao.

Replace her chest with Pentax.

Last edited:
Very tempting. Must hurry up and finish my DIY umbrella softbox. :bsmilie:

But actually, I don't really fancy model shoots because of the typical perceived outlook. However, it is a really good opportunity to practice my strobing. Arghhh!! :confused:

Anyway, any idea on the photographer to model ratio? And it's exclusive to Pentaxians only?

I guess one model for 5 to 6 photographers should be fine :think: Yeah, heard it's for Pentaxians only...

V

Hi Baracus,

Don't be bothered about what " others think " . If we continue to act this way , we are just helping " others " perpetuate their ideas / thinking over how we lead our lives. Important thing is how you approach the topic / subject .

Think inter-racial marriage , tattoos , performing artists. .. etc..

Think PENTAX - BE INTERESTING !! ;)

They're going to pick 25 photogs for the event.

It's really indicated in this link

Ya I received their email invitation too. Its for ppl who bought their KX or K7 from SLR Revolution. They will pick 25 Pentaxians for this event.

yeah i also got the inivitation but i dun have my registration invoice with me now. anyway this is the first time that a shop is organizating such a event just for pentax cameras instead.

hopefully we can make it a success so that such events or more such shops will follow. :bsmilie:

I think the small shop earned a lot from Pentaxians, that's why they're bringing up more activities to poison you all. ;p

I think the small shop earned a lot from Pentaxians, that's why they're bringing up more activities to poison you all. ;p

Ya, smart way to get the newbies and converts to start thinking about buying the prime lenses. ;)

Ya I received their email invitation too. Its for ppl who bought their KX or K7 from SLR Revolution. They will pick 25 Pentaxians for this event.

Ahh! for ppl who bought from them ah??:sticktong

Ya lor, but I have to say this is a damn good way of marketing for their shop..:thumbsup::bsmilie:

But what will happen if the ones they picked is mostly newbies? :(

Am currently using K20D but can I join in for photo shoot? That means I may not be selected if I do not buy any Pentax camera from SLR Revolution???

Hi Baracus,

Don't be bothered about what " others think " . If we continue to act this way , we are just helping " others " perpetuate their ideas / thinking over how we lead our lives. Important thing is how you approach the topic / subject .

Think inter-racial marriage , tattoos , performing artists. .. etc..

Think PENTAX - BE INTERESTING !! ;)

Actually, I'm involved in cosplay photoshoots with XMM. ;p Just find that shooting models is a bit dull. Sure, they may be sexy and are able to pose, but they lack character/story.

But what will happen if the ones they picked is mostly newbies? :(

Nevermind lor. Good exposure for them to introduce this kind of stuff. We can always organize our own model shoot.

Am currently using K20D but can I join in for photo shoot? That means I may not be selected if I do not buy any Pentax camera from SLR Revolution???

One word for those who are left out. Gatecrash!! :bsmilie:

Guess I'm out.
The only thing I bought from SLR Revo was a Hoya HD CPL.
So, I better join those paid model shoot then.:cry: