Photo Shootout on 27 Feb 2010 - Models, Sports Cars

Guess I'm out.
The only thing I bought from SLR Revo was a Hoya HD CPL.
So, I better join those paid model shoot then.:cry:

Maybe next outing? :)

Guess I'm out.

Time for you to buy a backup Pentax K-x :D

Guess I'm out.

At least you bought some thing from the shop. So far i have not bought anything from that shop.:bsmilie:

wouldn't it be easier if we pool our money together and hire a model instead? Much cheaper than buying an SLR from SLR Revo.

hahaha marketing strat. A Ipoh friend told me Sony does organise workshop with models for their Alpha user and now it's happening here in sg but it's a good way I guess.

What is the objective if wanna pool in $$ to get models?

Wa lau ai pi, ai qi, ai tua liap ni.

what i meant is...if there is some workshop like lightings, strobes or something about portraiture...there is educational stuff if not that it's really wasting $$ to just engage a model and shoot.

what i meant is...if there is some workshop like lightings, strobes or something about portraiture...there is educational stuff if not that it's really wasting $$ to just engage a model and shoot.

Agree. I'm only interested in trying out lighting effects and setup. So if its a model shoot, it will be at least for the intention these. No need for anyone to run it though, just base it on some source material (web or book) and if there is anyone with experience willing to share, that is even better.

who is giving the workshop...

Agree. I'm only interested in trying out lighting effects and setup. So if its a model shoot, it will be at least for the intention these. No need for anyone to run it though, just base it on some source material (web or book) and if there is anyone with experience willing to share, that is even better.

So... anyone wanna have a strobist gathering like these guys? For info sharing and trying out setups. Best to keep it small for easy management. :think:

So... anyone wanna have a strobist gathering like these guys? For info sharing and trying out setups. Best to keep it small for easy management. :think:

i can't leave the house for too long on weekends... so im probably out... guess i just practice on my girl when she's older...

Must try NOW!
I wish I got inspiration from this site earlier. Now too late already (too big)
http://www.kelleyryden.com/babyblog/

:sweat: er not easy ...when the my baby is sound asleep, dun want to touch her man...she will have a slight shock for any slight sound/distraction... :sweat:

and getting her to sleep is the only time for me to rest... :(

and to convince my wife that all the flashing is ok for her its even more difficult... :sweat:

:sweat: er not easy ...when the my baby is sound asleep, dun want to touch her man...she will have a slight shock for any slight sound/distraction... :sweat:

and getting her to sleep is the only time for me to rest... :(

and to convince my wife that all the flashing is ok for her its even more difficult... :sweat:

Ha...ha.. now its still easy. They fall asleep easily. Later on in a few months time; then you know what is scared! I've totally given up trying now. She wakes up, I will hang :flush:

The interesting part about the Kelly Ryden setups are that they center around 2 light sources. 1 front light as fill and 1 key light from the side. Both from door/windows. The posing part, really need skill.

Yes, I think we should do it. Next Outing?