photo shooting in Sungei Buloh...


Status
Not open for further replies.

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#1
Hi GUYS,

If you are interested to take nature, insects and reptile, let's organise one and learn from each other... :thumbsup: :)
 

LiOnElLiN

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2004
818
0
16
www.zelesjen.com
#3
that place is scary!
what does one do when one is persued by a cloud of mosquitoes?
:think:

would be great if anyone knows where to buy one of those battery powered yellow tennis racket-shaped insect swats! anyone?
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#4
Crysania said:
U organising one? Would love to go there but haven't been there before. :embrass:
OK.. I will organise one if you are interested. ;)
I'd like to do a head count!! :D
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#5
LiOnElLiN said:
that place is scary!
what does one do when one is persued by a cloud of mosquitoes?
:think:

would be great if anyone knows where to buy one of those battery powered yellow tennis racket-shaped insect swats! anyone?
I know where have the least and most mosquitoes.. however i cant guarantee you wont get bite.. ;) :sweatsm: But i can guarantee the mosquitos there are 'not poison' compared to HDB one. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:
 

Mar 15, 2004
353
0
0
40
Toa Payoh
#6
LiOnElLiN said:
that place is scary!
what does one do when one is persued by a cloud of mosquitoes?
:think:

would be great if anyone knows where to buy one of those battery powered yellow tennis racket-shaped insect swats! anyone?

I agree with LiOnElLiN, that whole place is infested with dengue mosquitoes minus the virus when I was bitten by more than 20 mosquitoes in less than an hour :complain: . I was busy killing them than taking shots. :hammer: In the end I was pissed off and walk out of the park in 2 hours time.

You need to wear SAF Long 4 with SAF mosquitoe repellant rubbed generously in exposed skin. No joke man.
 

Mar 13, 2004
458
0
16
Bishan
deadpoetscave.com
#7
Not that bad lah... Spent half a day there and walked most of the reserve. Got bitten, of course, but I've experienced worse. Worth the sacrifice for the photos.
 

snowspeeder

Senior Member
Feb 16, 2004
3,671
0
36
www.themenatwork.com
#8
I agreed that its worth the sacrifice provided if we're well prepared to minimise the level of discomfort. Sounds like a good idea. When is the planned outing?
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#9
MARTIN1023 said:
I agree with LiOnElLiN, that whole place is infested with dengue mosquitoes minus the virus when I was bitten by more than 20 mosquitoes in less than an hour :complain: . I was busy killing them than taking shots. :hammer: In the end I was pissed off and walk out of the park in 2 hours time.

You need to wear SAF Long 4 with SAF mosquitoe repellant rubbed generously in exposed skin. No joke man.
U are prone to mosquitoes bite?? :sweatsm: ;) Like i say, i knew where has the least and most infested area and i will tell you in advance so that you can put on FBO and clear the SOC. ;p :D
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#10
acroamatic said:
Not that bad lah... Spent half a day there and walked most of the reserve. Got bitten, of course, but I've experienced worse. Worth the sacrifice for the photos.
I agreed with you... It seem you know the way.. :thumbsup: :p Care to share the pictures with us so that i can expect what can be 'shoot' :embrass:
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#11
snowspeeder said:
I agreed that its worth the sacrifice provided if we're well prepared to minimise the level of discomfort. Sounds like a good idea. When is the planned outing?
I'd strongly suggest very early in the morning if you wanna to 'shoot' in perfection. :thumbsup: ;) And in low tide.... hope it is very low tide. :D

Saturday 5 JUNE 2004 Time: 0624 Tide is -0.3m. This day has the lowest tide of the month and you will get to 'see' this

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#12
i'm interested. but don't know if my equipment will be up to it. just a F75 with kit lens. when will we be going?
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#14
LiOnElLiN said:
that place is scary!
what does one do when one is persued by a cloud of mosquitoes?
:think:

would be great if anyone knows where to buy one of those battery powered yellow tennis racket-shaped insect swats! anyone?
Haha...
Bikini shoot there? ;p
 

snowspeeder

Senior Member
Feb 16, 2004
3,671
0
36
www.themenatwork.com
#15
wakk0 said:
I'd strongly suggest very early in the morning if you wanna to 'shoot' in perfection. :thumbsup: ;) And in low tide.... hope it is very low tide. :D

Saturday 5 JUNE 2004 Time: 0624 Tide is -0.3m. This day has the lowest tide of the month and you will get to 'see' this

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:
Well, its worth the early morning for a low tide shooting experience. Count me in.
 

y0ngcheng

New Member
Nov 24, 2003
1,811
0
0
30
新加坡
#16
wakk0 said:
Hi GUYS,

If you are interested to take nature, insects and reptile, let's organise one and learn from each other... :thumbsup: :)
i'm interested. :)
heard from garion that there got quite alot of dragonflies.
i'll join u guys if i'm free.
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#17
bsplenden said:
i'm interested. but don't know if my equipment will be up to it. just a F75 with kit lens. when will we be going?
hey, mine is juz FX1 but still 'shoot'. ;) :D
The pictures are not very nice as i am still new with it.

5 June 2004 is a nice date, wat do you think?
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#18
Crysania said:
Me only using A80! Cannot go already ar?? :(
can go.. can go... :) ;) U are always welcome to Sungei Bulog. :p
You can 'shoot' anything in Sungei Buloh with A80 as long as you have memory. :D :sweatsm:
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#19
snowspeeder said:
Well, its worth the early morning for a low tide shooting experience. Count me in.
5 JUNE 2004 is a good morning for you?? let's pray for a sunny morning too :D ;)
 

wakk0

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
89
0
0
#20
y0ngcheng said:
i'm interested. :)
heard from garion that there got quite alot of dragonflies.
i'll join u guys if i'm free.
5 JUNE 2004 is a good day for you?? :thumbsup: ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom