photo shooting during winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blomqvist

Oct 27, 2007
Sengkang
Hi all bro & sis

anybody have any experiences shooting during winter.
temperature -10° ~ 3°.
is there any special gadgets that we need to protect our DSLR camera ?

I read from my user manual, the camera can stand up to 0° only,...what happen if below that ??....any protector that can protect the camera while shooting?

dw2chan

Jul 2, 2007
i think your camera can withstand more than that. i have a 400d and i've shot below 0 a ton of times (i'm from canada). my camera isnt dead yet. no need for anything special....maybe a spare battery as the cold will shorten your battery life. but if you're desparate you could just warmup the battery and stick it back in.

coolman

Sep 5, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I have a friend going to China, expected weather to be -10 to -18 degree, she do not have a camera, and intended to buy the Panasonic FX-33 as its small, light and easier to use for a lady, just need to use the IA mode and forget abt other features. Do you think its wise to buy a new camera to bring to such extreme weather?

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
I have a friend going to China, expected weather to be -10 to -18 degree, she do not have a camera, and intended to buy the Panasonic FX-33 as its small, light and easier to use for a lady, just need to use the IA mode and forget abt other features. Do you think its wise to buy a new camera to bring to such extreme weather?
i dun think whether new or old makes the difference for the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom