Photo Shooting at orchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photographer1511

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Hi anyone,

Anyone go for photoshooting at Orchard, esplanade on this coming Sunday?
Orchard road has christmas light lighted up, so if anyone go, let everyone knows...

Who knows, it become a clubsnappers' casual gathering and photoshooting

Good and beautiful lightings...........but not a good choice to go before Christmas. Too crowded liao... and chances of ppls blocking here and knocking there is high, excluding those " :bigeyes: kaypo-kaypo :bigeyes: "....

"Happy Shooting......"

Not to mention, these days keep raining

Hi all bro,

If weather is allow,it is a good time to take night shoot on this Christmas eve and night of Christmas day.

Friends I am very new here,corrected me if wrong.Because I am thinking of taking night shoot on the mention days.

Regards

Hey bro,
Orchard too crowded on these nights..... Take candid on shoppers or those streets' lights?

Since there are literally bus jam everynite, was thinking of hopping onto a double-decker and take some shots from the front top-deck. Sds interesting?

Cheers!

rotorthrust said:
Hey bro,
Orchard too crowded on these nights..... Take candid on shoppers or those streets' lights?

Since there are literally bus jam everynite, was thinking of hopping onto a double-decker and take some shots from the front top-deck. Sds interesting?

Cheers!

Hi friend,

Maybe we can get a pick-up,mount our tropol behind and start shooting when the pick-up catch in the traffic jam.

Friend,good idea must try it.

Regards.

Know anybody who's not a photographer and willing to drive a pickup in a jam? Sounds like a good idea, but i'm concerned about safety for us and the equipment. I've never sat on the flatbed of a pickup truck. Hehe. :bsmilie:

PLRBEAR said:
Know anybody who's not a photographer and willing to drive a pickup in a jam? Sounds like a good idea, but i'm concerned about safety for us and the equipment. I've never sat on the flatbed of a pickup truck. Hehe. :bsmilie:

Guys, I don't think that is a good idea. Esp. when the truck is stationary with the engine on, it'll give the camera a very good shake and the purpose of mounting it on the tripod would become pointless.

And besides, any movement in the truck due to traffic would make it quite impossible to shoot anything.

If you want to shoot, do it in the dead of the night (3am thereabouts) where the traffic is clear and there's no one around. You can shoot to your heart's content. Monday morning 3am would be ideal since most people would be getting ready for work on Monday and there won't be too many revelers or cars on the road.

jmi said:
If you want to shoot, do it in the dead of the night (3am thereabouts) where the traffic is clear and there's no one around. You can shoot to your heart's content. Monday morning 3am would be ideal since most people would be getting ready for work on Monday and there won't be too many revelers or cars on the road.

But some of the lightings switch off by then. So quite pointless too.

The Christmas street lights are on till way after midnight, might be a better time to take photos then. But, the deco lights of the respective shopping centres are off by then. Mon and Tue evenings are usually less crowded, except for Christmas week.

I think the pickup idea don't work lah, the vibration, safety, etc. Isn't it a traffic offence too?

Have fun shooting.

fastlane said:
The Christmas street lights are on till way after midnight, might be a better time to take photos then. But, the deco lights of the respective shopping centres are off by then. Mon and Tue evenings are usually less crowded, except for Christmas week.

I think the pickup idea don't work lah, the vibration, safety, etc. Isn't it a traffic offence too?

Have fun shooting.

Hi

I have try this 2 years back when I was in Aus,but I am using a Rover with open top.But different is I stop the engine.

In Spore it is not a offence unless someone call the Traffic Police about this idea going on today around Orchard road area than I have no said.

Regards

Came back from a photo shoot with chaotic @ Orchard on X'mas eve...SUPER DUPER CROWDED! I felt it was a wrong decision to go shooting on Christmas eve but then at least it was a lesson learnt. Too many people blocking the views, no place to put tripod, and both the car and human traffic is terrible. You need to be extremely creative to shoot in such an environment.

Sidelines, I missed my last bus and I had to walk 1+ hr back home. Legs aching like crazy... ;(

Was just driving past at 12+ am on Christmas and was glad I wasn't shooting... Too many people and too many of the sprays... Imagine someone spraying at your camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.