Photo Shooting advice needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Hi,

For this picture I have set the mode to manual, at F3.7, 1/8 Sec with Flash.

There is a slight blur at at the man's hand showing that his hand is moving.

Q1:My question is, if I set the shutter speed to 1/30 and faster...will I be able to capture the mood of the natural lighting rather than the artificial light from my flash? <Refer to the picture below>.

Q2: Another question, I have a teleconverter lens and I will like to shoot objects of far distants and I am unable to use my flash due to distant constrant and I need fast shutter speed to capture the action and to reduce the blur due to the enhancement of Tele lens...How do I shoot such a picture in this situtation?

371937996_52ca1b7da8_b.jpg
[/IMG]

Q2: Another question, I have a teleconverter lens and I will like to shoot objects of far distants and I am unable to use my flash due to distant constrant and I need fast shutter speed to capture the action and to reduce the blur due to the enhancement of Tele lens...How do I shoot such a picture in this situtation?
Use a tripod? =D

Or monopod, to reduce handshake as far as possible.

Coupled with
High ISO, no choice.

fast lens, fast iso, faster shutter speed to stop movement
slow sync flash

Hmm..I am using a prosumer lens, fast ISO (get v.nosiy picture for prosumer), faster shutter (Can't get the mood of the natural light setting), slow sync flash not sure how to use it in manual mode....

:embrass:

then no choice already,

1. add more light
2. live with movement from the slower shutter speed
3. get noise reduction software and use faster ISO

then no choice already,

1. add more light
2. live with movement from the slower shutter speed
3. get noise reduction software and use faster ISO

Thanks Ortega.

or... perform exposure lock(AE-L) on more bright or medium bright area(but not so/too bright) to get higher shutter speed first,with ur hand hold down the AE-L button then focus on the object u want to shoot, double check the sutter speed if not fast enough then pop up ur flash....then shoot!;p dunno this work or not:bsmilie: i also newbie.

oops! sorry! didnt know is prosumer:confused: i'm not sure it got AE-L lock or not.

then i think its ok to just point or focus at the light bulb, then shoot.:bsmilie: maybe u can still get the picture sharp(maybe will slightly underexposure but can ps it later) cos most prosumer still can get the image sharp if u not really focus on the object u want.

example image u shoot, a bunch of ppl standing just below the light bulb,so the dept of field or focal distance on them is almost the same. just focus on the light bulb to get the high shutter speed, if u found it too bright u still can -1 or -2stop or icrease ur f/number, then shoot! i guess lah.:dunno: never use prosumer before, i just want to help. forgive me if i'm wrong.:sweat:

not very sure, but i think you have a little tendency to overexpose your pic very slightly, and you seems to enjoy the over-saturation(imho)

Yup, I love colors, especially CNY is coming. I will like to high-light the red.;)

i'm a non flash user. but i gather from your concern about the mood, i think that is more to do with white balance rather than shutter duration and its related exposure. for proper control of exposure of interesting items below, avoid the fluorescent light tubes on top.

secondly when you have set and fixed your focal length, composition and exposure level, and without adequate flash coverage, to keep shutter duration short, you can either increase aperture size or increase ISO, and if neither is feasible, you have to live with the short duration and motion blur with a tripod (if without tripod, it will be motion blur + handshake)

Hi Pal....

You got to read more and shoot more... more words here will hinder you.

Status
Not open for further replies.