Photo shoot tips

Serenefotoworks

Jan 1, 2012
Singapore
Hello. I'm a newbie at photography and am planning to have my 2nd photo shoot within this month with help from some of my pals.

My first one is kinda a mess as I did not plan well for it.

Any tips? as I'm totally new at planning for photo shoot so would like to seek advice from you all out there.

what genre are you shooting? People portraits, street or landscape etc?

what did you encounter during the first shoot that you deemed messy?

My genre of shooting is usually Pair/Group Portraiture.

Well, i deemed it messy as I didn't really set any theme.
The location that I set turned out to be closed for the day so I had to change the location last minute.
I actually never let the model know what kind of attire (tshirt/shorts/dress/slippers/heels).

>.< thats why I deemed it as messy. Although messy, it was not bad for me :D a great learning experience!

Hm... I suggest you make up your mind on what you are looking for before you go. Do some research about the place, the model. Maybe look at some similar photographs online and get some inspirations first. If you don't know what you are looking for, you will probably find nothing at the end of the day.

Anyway, that's my experience. Feel free to ignore it and just explore what suits you best.

Thanks for the advice :D
That is what I will be doing for my 2nd photo shoot which will be in around 2 weeks' time.
I will be looking at what my models generally good in and as well as the place.
I will also do some research on the theme and make sure I know what I will be looking for then. THANKS :D