Photo shoot outing!

yes. unless they have specified that only DSLRs are allowed. :) I went for an outing not too long ago..using my prosumer fujifilm S2500HD for a sunrise shoot on last sunday.

Last edited:
Just curious, if we are holding prosumer type camera, can i still join in the photo shoots?

Sure you can. The only person stopping you is You. Be confident of yourself. Just shoot. No one else matters.

Just curious, if we are holding prosumer type camera, can i still join in the photo shoots?

what's wrong with a prosumer? I have been using a simple pns (with Av, S and M mode) for to shoot in location with my friends quite a while.

Of course you can! :thumbsup:

Most organizers do not discriminate between P&S, prosumer, dSLR, medium format. What is important is you register, you come, ask questions when you have, and most importantly, enjoy taking your pictures. And at the end of it, mix around and share your pictures!

That's just me :)

Whats stopping you? You dun have to feel inferior or whatsover, who says outings is resticter to DSLRs' owners only?

In my humble opinion, I feel that having the best camera equipment is not important. Most importantly is you, yourself, whether how are you going to fully utilize the functions and features in your camera.

I, myself upgraded to a DSLR from a Point & Shoot, Canon Ixus70 because I shoot landscape often, and the point is that I can have the manual control settings where I can adjust the full golden triangle, Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO.

Having a DSLR or P&S, it doesn't matter. Shoot more often and ask what you prefer to shoot, then read more about the cameras and lens that you really need it, proceed on and shoot. Soon, you will feel a kind of satisfaction which you will be happy..

Just sharing my opinion with you, hope to see you in the future upcoming outings.

Whats stopping you? You dun have to feel inferior or whatsover, who says outings is resticter to DSLRs' owners only?

huh dont worry nothing is stopping me lah ... just wondering if prosumer is acceptable a not coz like all outing seems so pro.... but
i think i need to get a tripod soon ....

In my humble opinion, I feel that having the best camera equipment is not important. Most importantly is you, yourself, whether how are you going to fully utilize the functions and features in your camera.

I, myself upgraded to a DSLR from a Point & Shoot, Canon Ixus70 because I shoot landscape often, and the point is that I can have the manual control settings where I can adjust the full golden triangle, Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO.

Having a DSLR or P&S, it doesn't matter. Shoot more often and ask what you prefer to shoot, then read more about the cameras and lens that you really need it, proceed on and shoot. Soon, you will feel a kind of satisfaction which you will be happy..

Just sharing my opinion with you, hope to see you in the future upcoming outings.

yes i agreed.
when out shooting is really .. though hot and tiring but just contentment.
but coz i am still new ... most of the time when i shoot and view frm camera and laptop both is different then i will get very disappointed.

sometimes feel like deleting the whole folder away then i keep calm ... review again the other day ... do some PP + cropping i realized there is still gems ... :bsmilie:

i wanted to join but timing is not right always ..

ya ya i will join ...

huh dont worry nothing is stopping me lah ... just wondering if prosumer is acceptable a not coz like all outing seems so pro.... but
i think i need to get a tripod soon ....

Dun worry. unless the organiser state its ONLY DSLR. if not, i dun see why you cannot join.
for what i see, photo shooting outing is to share knowledge, share ideas and make friends. and not share or compare equipment.

As a newbie myself, I am still trying to be able to do a 1-shot affair, but most of the times, I end up have to redo it many times. Especially with landscape. That was and is, how I still am doing it. So no worries!

As long as you never give up, you'll get that beautiful shot you are after :)

Cheers!

yes i agreed.
when out shooting is really .. though hot and tiring but just contentment.
but coz i am still new ... most of the time when i shoot and view frm camera and laptop both is different then i will get very disappointed.

sometimes feel like deleting the whole folder away then i keep calm ... review again the other day ... do some PP + cropping i realized there is still gems ... :bsmilie:

i wanted to join but timing is not right always ..

ya ya i will join ...
is part of the learning process.....
the most important is be critical about your own works, be humble and have a open mind with the comments from others.

if you know about eikin, do you know that he use a coolpix can created many stunning shots? and many of the shots in the To Punggol, With Love are shot with a D70?

don't be too concern about with what you have in your hand, what can you create is far more important.

specsview-001.jpg

Doesn't matters DSLR or prosumer, important is to fully explore your camera/equipment during your outing/shooting.

Don't be afraid to try new shooting styles, angles, lightings or settings.. many will turn out undesirable but soon you will find some unique/favourite styles of your own

Try not to shoot auto, auto is for those last minute grab shots..

Doesn't matters DSLR or prosumer, important is to fully explore your camera/equipment during your outing/shooting.

Don't be afraid to try new shooting styles, angles, lightings or settings.. many will turn out undesirable but soon you will find some unique/favourite styles of your own

Try not to shoot auto, auto is for those last minute grab shots..

Actually i only use auto when no choice or last min shoot.
Coz somehow i feel auto yes its auto but it doesnt get to wat i expect.
but well ... its useful too .. :>

Actually i only use auto when no choice or last min shoot.
Coz somehow i feel auto yes its auto but it doesnt get to wat i expect.
but well ... its useful too .. :>

Not to say that Auto mode is a big NO NO, but something to avoid. However, at times, you have to go back to using Auto for those shots that happen once in a lifetime!

Cheers!

agreed. its the guy behind the camera that matters most.