Photo shoot in the morning

Bee-Phone

Nov 11, 2011
Hi all,

Is anyone has idea where is the place that nice for landscape shoot in the morning around 9-11am?

Pls give some idea.
Thank you

Hi all,

Is anyone has idea where is the place that nice for landscape shoot in the morning around 9-11am?

Pls give some idea.
Thank you

By 9am you would have pretty much miss out all the great actions...

Landscape, birders and macro-shooter works very early...

Landscape shooters usually starts at 5:30am to scout, 6:15am to 6:30am to prep for 15 to 30mins to shoot. (If you are familiar with the place, arriving at 6:30am should suffice without the scouting)

in singapore the lights'll be too bright and harsh to get any nice shots unless you're doing stuff like:

i) long exposures
ii) time lapse
iii) B&W landscapes

feel free to add on.

nice timings for landscapes would be at sunrise and sunset... and before thunderstorms.. the grey skies i love :bsmilie:

Why assume it's sunrise instead verify with TS? What if it's IR?

I am guessing that TS wanted to do a day time landscape shoot instead of the sunrise or sunset.
imho, the possible time for best light is just after the sun rise from the horizon till about 10am and 4pm till just before sunset. Assuming the ambient light is good, you can find soft and warm light casting nice shadows on the building.

the link by spree86 show quite a lot of the possible places.

GRbenji said:

What is IR?

GRbenji said:

What is IR stand for?

Well... it is really up to one's imagination on what to shoot at whatever time of the day. You can even shoot landscape in the afternoon if you want... and yes, lighting will be harsh, but photography is about lighting too... if you cannot find the 'ideal' lighting, you would have to make do with whatever you have.

One place that I can think of is fort canning hill... lots of tree, an old fortress, old doors, etc... all these structures can let your imagination wild and you can try shooting there.

Just now got pass by fort canning park and thinking of going there. Because of something at the end decided to walk around Clarke quay and did candid photo.

Thank you for all comments.
Btw, any place that I can share my photo with u guys for what I took this morning?
The photo is not much, I decided to go home early because it was very hot

Just now got pass by fort canning park and thinking of going there. Because of something at the end decided to walk around Clarke quay and did candid photo.

Thank you for all comments.
Btw, any place that I can share my photo with u guys for what I took this morning?
The photo is not much, I decided to go home early because it was very hot

Do you have a flickr account? Or any imagehosting website? Can upload your photos there, then link it this forum, using this,

Shouldn't it be the other way around? You find a good place, scene and you see at which time of the day the light makes it look best.