Status
Not open for further replies.

waisj

Feb 25, 2003
OZilla
Visit site
Hi all

Some shots i took.

Would like to acknowledge Eric for lending me his strobe. While mine died.

Thanks Mate, wouldn't have taken these without your generosity and understanding.

Constructive comments Most welcomed

P1010538_copy.jpg

P1010549_copy.jpg

P1010553_copy.jpg

P1010579_copy.jpg

P1010598.jpg

P1010619_copy.jpg

P1010635_copy.jpg

P1010621.jpg

P1010652_copy.jpg

P1010678_copy.jpg

P1010550_copy.jpg

hmmm... looks not bad.... not in position to offer any comments but I would like to have the 3rd picture, I mean the original file.
Would like to try PSing on it further....

I especially like your 5th picture... it would be fantastic if theres a little sun burst on the top. I have mixed feelings about the nudi picture, nice exposure but maybe the front is too well lid and the subject is white... just find it uncomfortable.... but there's many award picture I found uneasy too anyway... The sea fan looks abit tight..

wowwee :thumbsup:

1. looks vgd..i dunno how to improve it further..especially the nemo fish shot..very well illuminated, very sharp pic. the 4th shot from bottom..a bit uneven illumination? :think:

2. your strobe died? the one where we man-handlesd@ the kopitiam? :sweat:

no1 pic's pose very nice!
waisj shd go into u/w portraiture!!! your model's hair all very nice. all put gel stand so high esp the male model's. looks very styled. does he have a habit of bringing gel and ribena's underwater???
and 2nd last photo, what's that black thing beside the b/w nudi?
and last photo (#10) so ugly can thrash lah.

Goondoo said:
hmmm... looks not bad.... not in position to offer any comments but I would like to have the 3rd picture, I mean the original file.
Would like to try PSing on it further....

I especially like your 5th picture... it would be fantastic if theres a little sun burst on the top. I have mixed feelings about the nudi picture, nice exposure but maybe the front is too well lid and the subject is white... just find it uncomfortable.... but there's many award picture I found uneasy too anyway... The sea fan looks abit tight..

Thanks Goondo for your comments, :) my personal favourites are #5 and #9. I do concur that with a sun burst the #5 will stand out more. The only problem is that it was a dawn dive :cry:

As for #9, yeah i do think the front is too well lit, it will stand out more without the well lit part, i.e dark like the background.

Yes #7 is tight, the sea fan is huge, i knew if i shot i nlandscape orientation, i wouldn't be able to light it properly, yeah time for a second strobe.

clive said:
wowwee :thumbsup:
1. looks vgd..i dunno how to improve it further..especially the nemo fish shot..very well illuminated, very sharp pic. the 4th shot from bottom..a bit uneven illumination? :think:

2. your strobe died? the one where we man-handlesd@ the kopitiam? :sweat:

yeah uneven, was trying to minimise backscatter and lighting sea fan properly; which is damn hard. :sweat:

Yes it is that strobe.

DTan said:
no1 pic's pose very nice!
waisj shd go into u/w portraiture!!! your model's hair all very nice. all put gel stand so high esp the male model's. looks very styled. does he have a habit of bringing gel and ribena's underwater???
and 2nd last photo, what's that black thing beside the b/w nudi?
and last photo so ugly can thrash lah.

Yeah the pose is nice. Now that is the good part about diving with a male model ;) . Even his bouyancy and breath holding skills are absolutely superb. :embrass:

Yeah appaling part is the hair.... water proof gel?? :sweat: ;) :bsmilie:
Heh.. Ribena et all

The black thing beside the Nudibranch is a type of sponge. Which co-incincidently is what that species feeds on.

Last photo??? wonder who that is.... :D

Sigh... such wonderful photos... (kng frantically trashes his...) As usual, Waisj sets the high standards for the rest of us to aspire to and learn from. :thumbsup:

Photo 4 of clownfish: I like the framing and composition. Lovely that all the fish are looking at the camera.

Photo 6 of shrimp on cushion starfish: Personally, i feel that the red colour of the shrimp is too similar to that of the underlying starfish, and that the shrimp doesn't stand out. Perhaps shooting the shrimp against blue water may be better?

Dtan, i think the hair on the female model (photo 10) is WAY WAY HIGHER than the guy's hair... must ask her where she permed her hair to make it so "pong pong"... :devil:

But agree with you that Waisj is quite good at u/w portraiture. I volunteer next time to be the assistant to hold the reflector. ;p

Oh great.. my keyboard just short on my salivar haha

inspirational nemo shots.. hmm can never get them to look at me in the eye :thumbsup:

e.. lemme guess.. see if my eyesight correct...

hmmz:

#1 -> waisj (or somebody that looks like him)
#5 -> kng (or somebody that looks like him)
#10 -> Dtan (or somebody that looks like her)
#11 -> beivied (or somebody that looks like her)

correct or not? :think: :bsmilie:

you must have seen a ghost!! hahaha.. i wasnt on that trip la, i was in tioman on a working trip ....

haiya..paiseh guess wrong ;p :bsmilie:

went with which operator uh? just name no need to eval. or PM me AND eval hehe

clive said:

hmmz:

hey aleck, don't recall there being a contest at all... :what:
haha... clive i mean... :p

clive said:

hmmz:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Clive, you need to come for more uwcs seeds hahah ;p

lolz keke..aiya then next time wear idtag on the wetsuit so can tell who is who oredi :bsmilie:

hmmm.... lemme give you a clue. #1 #5 is the same person, one person whom i have hoping to dive together with, but never had the honour yet. :)

beivied said:
hmmm.... lemme give you a clue. #1 #5 is the same person, one person whom i have hoping to dive together with, but never had the honour yet. :)

So looks are still more important huh? Ok got your message. We'll all sign up with u, and back out the last min so u get to dive with M1 = M5

Waisj, how come the pics look slightly exposed (the whites) to me? perhaps the manual controller is better huh, can tune up and down. Have you sent your strobe to US ? if not u gotta beg, steal , borrow for the June trip.

Eric

eh hallo .... i am not this kind of person hor ... i have dived with waisj, lanxx, and nightshades, who are the first few whom i have wanted to dive with in uwcs.... of course i would like to have the chance to dive with you la, but you are not in the pics ma., so how to bring you into the pic ^_^

beivied said:

beivied said:
eh hallo .... i am not this kind of person hor ... i have dived with waisj, lanxx, and nightshades, who are the first few whom i have wanted to dive with in uwcs.... of course i would like to have the chance to dive with you la, but you are not in the pics ma., so how to bring you into the pic ^_^

:cry: :cry: :cry:

DTan said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

???? :dunno:

hmm... lemme guess what you are trying to say .... ... :think:

ah.. hahha.. dont worry la, dtan, i wont fight over kng with you :bsmilie: .... i am happily attached :lovegrin:

beivied said:
???? :dunno:

hmm... lemme guess what you are trying to say .... ... :think:

ah.. hahha.. dont worry la, dtan, i wont fight over kng with you :bsmilie: .... i am happily attached :lovegrin:

fight??? over kng???? :faint:

:cry: cuz u dun want to dive with me lah!!!!! not honourable enough mah ... so :cry: :cry: :cry:

and as for happily attached.... if someone sees this post i won't be so happy already :sweat: i'd be :hung:

Status
Not open for further replies.