Photo Printing Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashin

Apr 14, 2006
Hi all,
Sorry for my newbie question hor :embrass:

If I crop my photo after some touch up processes, then can I still send to photo printing centre to print out the standard 3R or 4R size photo har... becos my cropping might already alter the image size lor...

Asking this as I have taken some photo for my school project, and I tried to crop and touch up the photo, now I need to print it out as 4R photo, could it still be done at the photo printing centre? :think:

Thanks in advance ;)

Just make sure that you keep the ratio of 4:3 when you do the cropping and not anyhow crop next time. Then you shouldn't run into too much problem.

just know that 4R is 3:2 ratio. make sure after cropping, it is in that ratio and you'll be fine. as for no. of pixels(resolution) needed, try to have 300dpi. hence final image is recommended to have 1800 by 1200 pixels.]

*edit: 4R is 6" by 4"*

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your advice.

That means I have to redo my project photo already...
Btw, may i how to keep it exactly 4:3 ratio as i only use simple software to do it.
My project-mate has photoshop, so could this software do the job for us? If yes, then may i know how to set it fix at 4:3 ratio?

dear experts, so sorry and please bear with my newbie question hor :p

di0nysus said:
just know that 4R is 3:2 ratio. make sure after cropping, it is in that ratio and you'll be fine. as for no. of pixels(resolution) needed, try to have 300dpi. hence final image is recommended to have 1800 by 1200 pixels.]

*edit: 4R is 6" by 4"*

Really thank you, di0nysus... your are so responsive and so nice :thumbsup:

In Photoshop, press c (for crop tool. Or find it with an icon which looks like a overlapping box on the left.)

The top would have height, length and resolution.

Enter 300 for resolution (Do this first)
Then enter 4" and 6" respectively into the length / width.

In the middle is a button for you to switch the value in case you need to switch between potrait and landscape.

PS: What did I tell you about going to bed? :sticktong

Andy Ang said:
In Photoshop, press c (for crop tool. Or find it with an icon which looks like a overlapping box on the left.)

The top would have height, length and resolution.

Enter 300 for resolution (Do this first)
Then enter 4" and 6" respectively into the length / width.

In the middle is a button for you to switch the value in case you need to switch between potrait and landscape.

PS: What did I tell you about going to bed? :sticktong

Ok really thank you for the information ;)
Ha ha ha... yes sir!!! will go to zzz lor, but let me try to do cropping by following your advice first, else can't sleep le... must rush for project dateline :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.