Photo printer for wedding reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Aug 31, 2008
s733.photobucket.com
Hi everyone, my friend was having this idea of someone to shoot a photo of his guests at his wedding reception and get it printed immediately.
Once printed, the guest would actually place it in the guest book with well wishes.

He thought of using Selphy photo printer but I think its not feasible as it is rather slow since it is a malay wedding where there are constant flow of guests.
Any recommendation for the printer, I'm looking at cheap alternatives to realise his wish?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
I tried it once at a mobile studio kinda thing. The speed of printing is pretty slow. I don't think you'll be able to print more than 40 pictures in an hour.

If you consider Instax instant films cheap, its a good alternative to printing. The limiting factor would be how fast you can swap out the pack every 10 shots, much simplified workflow for yourself.

Have thought of using Instax but not too sure about the price. How much would a pc cost?

Retails for abt $13-14 for a pack of 10, cheapest I've seen is $20+ for a twin pack but you gotta buy in bulk. I suggest you check with the shops if you're intending to shoot alot.

That would cost alot if he wants to take all of his guest.
Anyway thanks for the input.

get 2 then :>

there is a shop at funan selling @ 129 for the CP780 witj free bluetooth receiver.

the pics last longer n its fun watching the prints appear.

Any other methods than using the selphy or instax?
What about pixma or epson photo printer with countinuos ink system (CIS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.