Photo paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Jun 12, 2007
Ang Sua Ville
My fren's wedding she intended to use photo printer to print some photos on the spot. Does anyone knows where to get photo-papers in bulk at a good price? :)
Thank you if someone could help.

Look in the photography shops in Funan, some of them sell Epson papers (and third-party ones) by the stack. (like 250+ sheets per pack).

I think your friend has a nice idea, but she should be aware of printer ink costs too.

usually people use dye-sublimation printers for printing on the spot, these printers are chosen because of it's speed, and don't have to wait for the ink/papers to dry.

however low end dye-sublimation printers like Canon SELPHY Printer, it easily overheated when printing continuously, so you need to hood up at least three printers, else wouldn't able to finish printing before the dinner ends.

alternately, can just use Fuji instax, so don't have to take up lot of space and manpower

Thx guys... I think I forgot to mention. Its its for Selphy photo printer. Oh also the printing is onie done during the initial cocktail outside the foyer so should be ok... not throughout the dinner. So I will bring her to Funan to get. However, I think good quality ones for that particular printer should be Canon rite? So any particular shop that sells at a reasonable price? Thx once again...

Thx guys... I think I forgot to mention. Its its for Selphy photo printer. Oh also the printing is onie done during the initial cocktail outside the foyer so should be ok... not throughout the dinner. So I will bring her to Funan to get. However, I think good quality ones for that particular printer should be Canon rite? So any particular shop that sells at a reasonable price? Thx once again...
the Selphy photo printer says can print one print per min, but you can't print continuously, it will very good if you can get 30 prints in one hour. even just need to snap photos during cocktail time, do you still think possible to finish the printing with one printer before dinner end if you have hundred over photos?

Just to add, the retail price for the 108 4Rs set is abt $37.90.

The selphy can only use canon print paper and cassette. Don't bother searching for other brands.

I did print about 20 pictures within an hour before.... feels liek forever, regret bringing only 1 printer (should have got one more from my sister or dad)

Guys after trying out the printer... the result was disappointing...
So finally switching to fuji instant photo for Guest Book as well as a souvenir.
I had suggested it to her but she was hesitating but now after seeing the Selphy performance, I think she has changed her mind to my initial suggestion.

So my question has to be changed to :

Where to get Fuji Instant photo at a good price? In sg says I may need ard 300-400 prints.

Or anything shop other than those Challenger which almost always sells things at higher price unless u r member...so tat I can go down take a look. Juz to save time from hunting one shop to another...

Thx again :)

Guys after trying out the printer... the result was disappointing...
So finally switching to fuji instant photo for Guest Book as well as a souvenir.
I had suggested it to her but she was hesitating but now after seeing the Selphy performance, I think she has changed her mind to my initial suggestion.

So my question has to be changed to :

Where to get Fuji Instant photo at a good price? In sg says I may need ard 300-400 prints.

Or anything shop other than those Challenger which almost always sells things at higher price unless u r member...so tat I can go down take a look. Juz to save time from hunting one shop to another...

Thx again :)
300 to 400 pieces is a lot, if you go for dye-sublimation printer, you need a high speed printer, which usually cost a few thousands for one machine.
or you can hood up 4 or 5 Selphy printers, should able to finish printing it within 3 hours.

if you really need 30 to 40 boxes of Fuji instax 210, can go to reputable Camera stores like MS color or Lords to order, you might able to ask for a better price since you are buy few hundreds dollars worth of film from them.

btw, if you want to save all your friends troubles and also yours, can always get a professional to do it for your friend, Mod chngpe01 is offering this service. you can just doll up and enjoy yourself on your friend's big day.

hope this help.

300 to 400 pieces is a lot, if you go for dye-sublimation printer, you need a high speed printer, which usually cost a few thousands for one machine.
or you can hood up 4 or 5 Selphy printers, should able to finish printing it within 3 hours.

if you really need 30 to 40 boxes of Fuji instax 210, can go to reputable Camera stores like MS color or Lords to order, you might able to ask for a better price since you are buy few hundreds dollars worth of film from them.

btw, if you want to save all your friends troubles and also yours, can always get a professional to do it for your friend, Mod chngpe01 is offering this service. you can just doll up and enjoy yourself on your friend's big day.

hope this help.

Thx Catchlights,

Last nite discussed with her. So Fuji instant will get ard 100pcs for her guestbook(she said no need all in the pic...).

I will go get a Sony DPP-FP95 for other job.

Tats it... I will onie do it for coctail receptions & some guest shots. The main photographer will be from her enagaged Pro to focus on her. I have stopped doing wedding shots for a long long time tats why when I went to some recent weddings... I find tis is quite common nowadays... tats is one consideration why I am gettting the Sony.

Thx everyone... :)
重出江湖。。。lolx...

For those who r interested to know the price in MS... they are selling Fuji Instax mini. 10pc(in a small pack) for $12 which is quite exp. I got 1 for 760yen in Japan. Cheaper if I get more like 5pack or 3pack.

As for the photo paper for Sony its ard $37 for 120pcs including the ink ribbon meaning ... ard $0.30 per pcs. hope tis info is useful for person who is interested in doing the same thing or for fun sake :)

Juz an update... Mustafa selling Sony paper at $35.50 for 120pcs... 50 cents cheaper than MS & it is open 24hours!

Anyone can find cheaper stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.