Photo Paper for Ink Jets


Status
Not open for further replies.

docile

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
51
0
0
doc.lyndy.org
#1
hey there,

Recently decided to put my underutilised printer Epson 790 to print some photos.... And I pretty much love the output of it (should have tried it long ago)

Anyway, my objective in posting is for some recommendation of Photo papers for my printer.

U can post wat sort of paper u use with wat printer and how well it works here..

thanks.
 

rueyloon

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,679
0
0
www.rueyloon.com
#2
I think epson printer likes epson paper more right?

anyway i've used the ilford pearl matte, 25 pieces for $19, very good, one of the most "natural" paper I've used, feels (not look) exactly like a photo. the quality is of course good too.
 

#4
I second ruey loon's recommendation of the Ilford. Excellent print quality. And excellent value for money too, being quite a bit cheaper than Epson.

It's the Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl inkjet paper. Available from Ruby Photo.

Regards
CK
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#5
Last time when i still work with Hewlett Packard, my job is to test out all the paper avalable in the world...from A5 to A3, post card, envelope...all kinds of size, weight and material....and then see which is the best and see how good they can work with HP printers....

wait when i am free i will type out a short reivew of some of them....
 

M

Megadark

Guest
#6
Where else is ilford available? Where's Ruby?
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#7
If you want to print just simple snapshots... try some of the cheaper 3rd party paper...

I tried a couple of cheap third party paper... The Konica photolike QP is a disappointment... the paper don't absorb the ink properly... The most is to print them as photo quality films, try to print as higher quality paper will result in the ink running.

The PLUS (some japanese brand) photoquality post card are great. I print them as glossy photopaper even tho the package states its good only 720 dpi prints. Great prints... Very cheap, got it at $7.25 for 30 sheets at clementi big bookshop. But it comes at a weird size of 148mm by 100mm... I'll print some samples if I see you... and I remember...
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#8
Yah... a lot of people like Epson Matte Paper - Heavyweight... 50 A4 size sheets at $22.90... I'll print a sample as well if I see you and if I remember... ;p

BTW, i'm using Epson photo stylus 810.
 

docile

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
51
0
0
doc.lyndy.org
#10
Originally posted by Flare
If you want to print just simple snapshots... try some of the cheaper 3rd party paper...

I tried a couple of cheap third party paper... The Konica photolike QP is a disappointment... the paper don't absorb the ink properly... The most is to print them as photo quality films, try to print as higher quality paper will result in the ink running.

The PLUS (some japanese brand) photoquality post card are great. I print them as glossy photopaper even tho the package states its good only 720 dpi prints. Great prints... Very cheap, got it at $7.25 for 30 sheets at clementi big bookshop. But it comes at a weird size of 148mm by 100mm... I'll print some samples if I see you... and I remember...
Eh I just did some A6 (ard 4R) sized Konica Photolike QP... looks ok leh.. the ink all dry by the time it comes out... printed at 2880dpi....

eh yea show me some samples some day man
 

rueyloon

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,679
0
0
www.rueyloon.com
#11
talking about crap paper, I bought a packet of Mitsubitshi chemical paper... like shit.... it fades within days !! worst investment ever..
 

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
47
www.roving-light.com
#12
Do you know the paper weight/thickness? those figures in g/m² or µm ...

Anyway, I'm also looking for cheaper alternatives to the Canon Paper Pro which gives excellent result on my Canon S800 but cost something like $22 for 15 sheets :(

I've tried Kodak's Premium Picture Paper, Epson's Matte Paper Heavyweight & even Mitsubitshi Chemical's Photo Paper and still no go... the S800 is a very picky printer :(

..NuTs..

Originally posted by ckiang
I second ruey loon's recommendation of the Ilford. Excellent print quality. And excellent value for money too, being quite a bit cheaper than Epson.

It's the Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl inkjet paper. Available from Ruby Photo.

Regards
CK
 

rueyloon

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,679
0
0
www.rueyloon.com
#14
Originally posted by nuts
Do you know the paper weight/thickness? those figures in g/m² or µm ...

Anyway, I'm also looking for cheaper alternatives to the Canon Paper Pro which gives excellent result on my Canon S800 but cost something like $22 for 15 sheets :(

I've tried Kodak's Premium Picture Paper, Epson's Matte Paper Heavyweight & even Mitsubitshi Chemical's Photo Paper and still no go... the S800 is a very picky printer :(

..NuTs..

u using canon printer ? same as me, so far.. the best results are from

canon photo paper PRO PR101
canon glossy photo paper GP (something, I think upgraded liao)
Illford Galarie paper..

all good not in any order
 

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
47
www.roving-light.com
#15
Originally posted by rueyloon

talking about crap paper, I bought a packet of Mitsubitshi chemical paper... like shit.... it fades within days !! worst investment ever..
Now that you mention it, yes, there is some fading although its been a month or two ... mabbe bcoz I keep in a clear file...

Originally posted by rueyloon


u using canon printer ? same as me, so far.. the best results are from

canon photo paper PRO PR101
canon glossy photo paper GP (something, I think upgraded liao)
Illford Galarie paper..

all good not in any order
great!, I'll check out the Ilford ... you mean its as good as the Canon PPP? at 25 sheets for $19, that'll be cool! :rbounce:

..NuTs..
 

#16
Originally posted by docile


Eh I just did some A6 (ard 4R) sized Konica Photolike QP... looks ok leh.. the ink all dry by the time it comes out... printed at 2880dpi....

eh yea show me some samples some day man
Hee Hee... For me its bad ley... especially those dark dark images or very saturated images... can see the colours smearing... Should try the PLUS one... very smoth after printing, not sticking sticky like the konica and the epson...
 

KamWeng

New Member
Apr 7, 2002
160
0
0
Jurong
Visit site
#18
Originally posted by Catalyst
Happy user..bought it for only $19.90:thumbsup:
Yes. And good colour stability too (need to keep in album or behind glass). But $19.00 only at PK Computer leh (quite some time ago).
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom